The Student Room Group

Anyone else saving themselves for marriage?

Religious or not, anyone else saving themselves? I had this conversation with a friend recently and said there was a difference in intercourse and making love/having sex. You can get intimate with someone and not actually have full on intercourse. What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To be honest, you're crazy. Live a little. There's plenty of happily married people who have enjoyed an extended period of sexual bliss in the run up..
I had the same mindset a while back. But I just don't see a point to saving myself anymore.

Edit: I had more the "if I love her" view though, marriage doesn't mean a thing to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
yeah :smile: but I don't mind if the guy is not a virgin
No way, although I do want it to be a meaningful thing...
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't see why you'd wait. Just because you aren't married doesn't mean you don't love the person. In fact many non- married couples are happier than those that are.
Reply 6
I'm saving myself for the right person,don't want to do something and regret it for the rest of my life. :smile:
Original post by Protégé
I had the same mindset a while back. But I just don't see a point to saving myself anymore.

Edit: I had more the "if I love her" view though, marriage doesn't mean a thing to me.

May I ask why?
Reply 8
Yeah I'm waiting. Why not? Why waste your time on people that you might not even marry..
Original post by murielle
I'm saving myself for the right person,don't want to do something and regret it for the rest of my life. :smile:

I had this view...well more about 'saving myself til I was in love'. Then I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend and realised that it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it out to be :smile:
Original post by German123
May I ask why?

It's kind of complicated and hard to explain for me. I don't really find it to be logical to be honest. I just found it to be restricting for no reason. I screw a girl that I'm not going to marry, what about it? I've rid myself of self imposed rules based on emotion. I'm not going to always associate sex with emotion, because that's dangerous. I don't care much for sex so I'm not going to pursue it but if I get caught up in the moment I'm not going to stop myself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Protégé
It's kind of complicated and hard to explain for me. I don't really find it to be logical to be honest. I just found it to be restricting for no reason. I screw a girl that I'm not going to marry, what about it? I've rid myself of self imposed rules based on emotion. I don't care much for sex so I'm not going to pursue it but if I get caught up in the moment I'm not going to stop myself.

Cool.I guess people have different thoughts on this.
Original post by German123
Cool.I guess people have different thoughts on this.

I would probably still feel bad after I do it so I'd rather not. I still haven't recovered from another girl and I feel guilty just thinking about another girl. Even just having a sexting partner makes me feel weird. She doesn't live in the UK so I haven't done anything with her but it still feels.. wrong.
Used to be my plan but now I've kind of realised it limits the guys who would put up with it...
No I know I won't be able to, so what is the point of making myself feel awful when I finally do lose my virginity before marriage?
Original post by EllieC130
Used to be my plan but now I've kind of realised it limits the guys who would put up with it...

Do what you want. Don't change to suit a potential partner's needs. I know that a lot of guys would be happy with that.
Reply 16
I was, but I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer :frown: Will probably lose it in uni.
Yes saving myself, I think it's very meaningful.
Its like we share something totally unique and sexy, no one else can have him but ME and vice versa... I don't feel the need to be 'wanted' or 'used' by a bunch of others for no reason other than 'Oh I Think he looks Hot'.
Original post by Protégé
I would probably still feel bad after I do it so I'd rather not. I still haven't recovered from another girl and I feel guilty just thinking about another girl. Even just having a sexting partner makes me feel weird. She doesn't live in the UK so I haven't done anything with her but it still feels.. wrong.

If you don't mind me asking...how old are you
Possibly. I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending