The Student Room Group

Is DofE bronze worth doing?

I'm currently studying AS levels and my exams are in summer 2015. I applied for DofE bronze in my school because my teacher said it will help massively when applying to uni. Does it really matter whether or not i do it in my uni applications?
No. Skip it and do silver next year.
Bronze DofE is hardly a challenge and to be honest, it's not that impressive by the time you're applying to UCAS (I mean, by that point it's possible to have finished Gold by then). What really matters about it is making sure that you're pulling good skills out of it, so if you do decide to do it make sure to mention things that it illustrates your determination and dedication to something over a period of time, team work skills etc.. That really matters for everything you write down, they don't really give a damn about the fact that you can play grade 6 classical guitar for your psychology application but if you can link a skill from it to your degree or uni application time then you'll be looking much better!
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
I'm currently studying AS levels and my exams are in summer 2015. I applied for DofE bronze in my school because my teacher said it will help massively when applying to uni. Does it really matter whether or not i do it in my uni applications?

Bronze won't really look that good when applying, you can still put it on though, it's just loads of people have done bronze. Also, bit late to be doing it imo because AS is a busy year. My advice would be do it because you want to do it, otherwise there's not much point (unis don't care much about it)
Original post by lightningdoritos
Bronze won't really look that good when applying, you can still put it on though, it's just loads of people have done bronze. Also, bit late to be doing it imo because AS is a busy year. My advice would be do it because you want to do it, otherwise there's not much point (unis don't care much about it)
Okay thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest