The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BCMFM16
Thats really strange..I'm trying to look into that but my TSR is being a bit strange...

I know, it is. Maybe you changed a setting or something? Or TSR did it lool. But don't know cos it's been like that aages now legit since after GCSE's I could never message you. Just thought they'd blocked you from getting any messages or talking aha
Original post by zara1234567
I know, it is. Maybe you changed a setting or something? Or TSR did it lool. But don't know cos it's been like that aages now legit since after GCSE's I could never message you. Just thought they'd blocked you from getting any messages or talking aha

Its working now anyway :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zara1234567
Oh haha as if. We could have helped each other out aha. Like tips obviously. My sisters doing ocr chem too on A2

Hey I do ocr biology as well how are you finding it? What are your methods of revising I am quite nervous at the mo cause we haven't finished at least 1 unit yet
Original post by O9tharakanc
Hey I do ocr biology as well how are you finding it? What are your methods of revising I am quite nervous at the mo cause we haven't finished at least 1 unit yet

Oh dear, biology... Don't get me started. So much content- I'd just make sure I understand everything completely, meaning you should be able to summarise all the processes and know all the important details, such as the H+ ions being pumped out in translocation and then returning with... Something... Hmm oops don't remember that bit.... See, there's just so much detail to know, and you need to know it all... So for
revision, try to explain every single concept and process you've learnt and make sure you've covered absolutely everything in the appropriate detail. Once you can rattle EVERYTHING off at 100 mph, you've done half of the process of revision (the second half being the completion of exam questions). That's how I do it (and need to do it again because I've forgotten it all :/ ).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danconway
Oh dear, biology... Don't get me started. So much content- I'd just make sure I understand everything completely, meaning you should be able to summarise all the processes and know all the important details, such as the H+ ions being pumped out in translocation and then returning with... Something... Hmm oops don't remember that bit.... See, there's just so much detail to know, and you need to know it all... So for
revision, try to explain every single concept and process you've learnt and make sure you've covered absolutely everything in the appropriate detail. Once you can rattle EVERYTHING off at 100 mph, you've done half of the process of revision (the second half being the completion of exam questions). That's how I do it (and need to do it again because I've forgotten it all :/ ).

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks I know there is a lot of content and only a few more months to go scary
Anyone here from edexcel? i literally have no idea what my teachers on about half the time (doesn't help that he's a fan of going off topic...)
Original post by carstairs
Anyone here from edexcel? i literally have no idea what my teachers on about half the time (doesn't help that he's a fan of going off topic...)

Yep, very few of us are currently doing Edexcel Chemistry. :smile:

I'm doing Edexcel myself :smile: Although I do struggle with Energetics sometimes- really hate Calorimetry..:colondollar:
Original post by zhang-liao
Yep, very few of us are currently doing Edexcel Chemistry. :smile:

I'm doing Edexcel myself :smile: Although I do struggle with Energetics sometimes- really hate Calorimetry..:colondollar:

theres just so many things to not only memorise, but understand

we haven't had a single lesson on calorimetry......
theres just so many things to not only memorise, but understand

we haven't had a single lesson on calorimetry......

Yep :tongue: Loads to understand

You haven't yet. :s-smilie:
Haven't covered the q = m x c x temp change equation?

You might want to consider checking out ChemRevise. It helps quite a lot :smile:

PM me or quote me on this thread if you need any help on anything, I'll try to help :smile:
Yep :tongue: Loads to understand

You haven't yet. :s-smilie:
Haven't covered the q = m x c x temp change equation?

You might want to consider checking out ChemRevise. It helps quite a lot :smile:

PM me or quote me on this thread if you need any help on anything, I'll try to help :smile:

thanks so much! like i said, my teacher is terrible....
thanks so much! like i said, my teacher is terrible....

You're welcome :smile:

Ainura.km and Dinaa also do Edexcel Chemistry

Just asking, what A-Levels are you currently doing? And what exam boards are you on?
You're welcome :smile:

Just asking, what A-Levels are you currently doing? And what exam boards are you on?

biology,chemistry, physics and maths

god help me

god help me

Sounds like a lot

What board are you doing for Biology? I'm currently on Edexcel for both Biology and Chemistry
Doing Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and History :tongue:
Sounds like a lot

What board are you doing for Biology? I'm currently on Edexcel for both Biology and Chemistry
Doing Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and History :tongue:

all my exam boards are edexcel except maths which is OCR

i wish id taken history, the topics look so interesting!
all my exam boards are edexcel except maths which is OCR

i wish id taken history, the topics look so interesting!

Aah. I don't really enjoy History at AS. We're currently learning about Condition of England (during 1800's) and Napoleon which isn't too great. 70 markers aren't enjoyable :tongue:

Looks like we're on the same board for Biology too :smile:
Aah. I don't really enjoy History at AS. We're currently learning about Condition of England (during 1800's) and Napoleon which isn't too great. 70 markers aren't enjoyable :tongue:

Looks like we're on the same board for Biology too :smile:

awesome! biology is the one thing out of everything that i really 'get'
Original post by BCMFM16
I can't believe i was not included:cry2::hmpf: Add me onto AQA...

Im Doing aqa as well unit 1 is okay unit 2 looks hard

god help me

Same

Quick Reply

Latest