The Student Room Group

AS/A2 mocks?!?!?!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonwinner
You're 10% wrong on all of them. It's actually roughly 40% for an E, 50% D, 60% C, 70% B, 80% A, and 90% A*.

I was also just about too point out this mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Agent Solid
Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and C for economics.

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?
Man my parents hate me now man, they had such high expectations of me!
I need to get into medicine!

Okay relax! Yes you can get 4 A's if you put the work in. You have 5 months! and a week left till the end of the holidays. I think You should spend this week extremely wisely and catch up on as much as possible. Then ask your teachers if you can re-sit your mock.Honestly you can do all the past papers in the world but the pressure of a teacher marking(in the real thing an examiner) is very different to marking your own stuff. I suggest you make a time table for the rest of the week and do some really hardcore revision, when you get back you will be able to learn all the other stuff better. I am kind of in your shoes and from tomorrow I am going to be eating my books :smile: seriously buckle down and you will be fine. I do chemistry to btw and you getting an E doesn't mean your stupid it just means you have gaps in your knowledge, go back a fill the gaps and you will be fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How do you even get an E?

Like did you go into the exam with 0 lessons or prep?

Why do you feel the need to say this? Is it to boost you ego?
Original post by German123
Why do you feel the need to say this? Is it to boost you ego?

It's curiosity. And easier to ask someone online than someone irl, wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

With the Internet, you take everything with a pinch of salt.
It's curiosity. And easier to ask someone online than someone irl, wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

With the Internet, you take everything with a pinch of salt.

Well by the looks of it the person’s feelings have alreadybeen hurt. Whether you say stuff online or irl it still matters.

Well by the looks of it the person’s feelings have alreadybeen hurt. Whether you say stuff online or irl it still matters.

I think they took it quite well. I apologise

I just can't comprehend it

I guess we all say stuff without thinking and knowing the gravity.

Edit: "A wise man speaks because he has something valid to say but a fool will only speak to say something invalid."
(edited 9 years ago)
I guess we all say stuff without thinking and knowing the gravity.

Edit: "A wise man speaks because he has something valid to say but a fool will only speak to say something invalid."

That's not the real quote
That's not the real quote

I Know :tongue:
Reply 29

C'mon your school didn't have any people with less than easy A*s? Surely even you felt that A level was considerably harder than GCSEs which not everyone passes.
Original post by Agent Solid
Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and C for economics.

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?
Man my parents hate me now man, they had such high expectations of me!
I need to get into medicine!

"Winners are too busy to be sad
too positive to be doubtful
too optimistic to be fearful
and too determied to be defeated"
Reply 31
Original post by Gott
YOU CANNOT just turn up to lessons like you can at GCSE, which were easy af and get a A*. Our Biology teacher, Mr. Thorne says that you can remember about 20% of it, meaning that you have to revise things over and over at home; don't expect to have a life in sixth form, or YOU WILL FAIL. And remember ARBEIT MACHT FREIS

I'd disagree about the 20% thing especially in maths where it builds up, but I agree in principle. The working in frees thing x100. I only started this year and it's amazing how much free time I have at home now.
How do you even get an E?

Like did you go into the exam with 0 lessons or prep?

:rofl: Fish doesn't play well with others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TVIO
C'mon your school didn't have any people with less than easy A*s? Surely even you felt that A level was considerably harder than GCSEs which not everyone passes.

Easy A*s? What do you mean?

I understand Ds and Cs,Bs and As. Just don't understand what happens when people get Es.

Or Us.
Easy A*s? What do you mean?

I understand Ds and Cs,Bs and As. Just don't understand what happens when people get Es.
And what do you mean by "or us"

Or Us.

Do you understand that someone could have the same knowledge as someone with a D but get 1 mark off a D simply by wording one of the answers differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Do you understand that someone could have the same knowledge as someone with a D but get 1 mark off a D simply by wording one of the answers differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm... Not really, because wording doesn't drop you down to an E
Hmmmm... Not really, because wording doesn't drop you down to an E

It could if you were borderline E/D and you missed out one of the few key words you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean, I wouldn't say its impossible but the odds are against you. Some people will get Us/Es in their mocks and end up getting As, but they're in the minority. To get four As you really need to change what you're doing and put in a fair amount of work. If you are already working hard and still getting these results, try and find different ways of revising/taking notes etc etc. gl :smile:
Iv'e done AS mocks in Law , Sociology and English atm , doing History on Jan 9th. I only managed to get 2 D's and i don't know what i got in Soc yet. But in those 2 weeks i managed to get fatigue and felt down , iv'e only just recovered. Lets just say that AS atm is hell to me. And i don't have a plan for after Alevels other than just go to uni for something. (Ranging from Ancient history to creative arts). Hope it all went well for everyone else.

Hes right I didnt take it as an offence lol! Its not really that hard tbh. Just have to knuckledown then I can prove my teachers wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest