The Student Room Group

Acne getting worse

I was just seeking some help. I currently have lots of forehead bumps, a couple of whiteheads on my cheeks and red marks where spots have disappeared.

I'm using Neutrogena Visibly clear cleanser, followed by their oil free moisturizer, and a couple of times a week I use their exfoliator. I tAke Lymecycline tablets prescribed by the doctor however my acne is getting a lot worse.

Can anyone help me to improve my skin? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why don't you just rinse your face with soap often?
Wash face regularly. Eat a healthy diet, lots of fruit and exercise. Stay away from high sugar fizzy drinks or sweets.
That would be my advice.
Original post by acnehater12345
I was just seeking some help. I currently have lots of forehead bumps, a couple of whiteheads on my cheeks and red marks where spots have disappeared.

I'm using Neutrogena Visibly clear cleanser, followed by their oil free moisturizer, and a couple of times a week I use their exfoliator. I tAke Lymecycline tablets prescribed by the doctor however my acne is getting a lot worse.

Can anyone help me to improve my skin? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't be exfoliating so often, especially if it's a scrub based exfoliator! Especially if you have acne you should be exfoliating like twice a week max, I don't have acne but I have very oily skin and when I cut back to just exfoliating on Tuesdays and Thursday after the advice of a beauty therapist when I went for a facial.

If you are already on medication for acne I suggest you stop using certain elements of your skincare routine and see if that improves it. Also do a lot of googling and research good products for acne/oil prone skin. I'm using Salcura Antiac cleanser atm which is pretty good, it's meant to work well for oily and acne prone skin. Also Lush tea trea water toner is good. Message me if you want any more product advice I'm a beauty blogger :smile:
Honestly speak to your Gp at once, if it's as bad as you say they may prescribe a course of antibiotics or refer you to a dermatologist. I think it's better than taking a risk like overwashing your face and causing the acne to aggravate due to dry skin.
I can recommend you go pharmacy and ask for zineryt lotion ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
If you put boiling water into a bowl then place your head over it with a towel on your head (to stop heat getting away) the steam opens up your paws stay for 5minuets then wash your face with face wash and put moisturiser.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have had acne for the past 7 years. It has Destroyed my confidence so much so that I can't ever go out without a sweater, it has affected the whole of my upper body. I have tried several medications, healthy diet, exercising but nothing works. Should I opt for Laser?
Reply 8
I would first get a view from a trusted friend about the level of your acne - occasional spots are not acne. But if it is a problem go and see the GP - chemists remedies in my experience do not work for acne. And if what the GP prescribes does not work quickly push for referral to a dermatologist. For me Roaccutane was a miracle cure that worked where all else had failed and I had a few years of unnecessary angst before it was tried. The other thing to avoid at all costs is poking and prodding at spots as can cause permanent scaring. Good luck.
Original post by Enoxial
Why don't you just rinse your face with soap often?

That's bad for your skin numpty.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's bad for your skin numpty.

He has probably never suffered from acne and doesn't have a clue, acne sufferers will have tried EVERYTHING under the sun because the condition makes most of us feel like utter **** and really self concious.

I've not left my house in a week because my face has become so bad. If it was as simple as washing our face with soap we would all do it and be clear skinned. :rolleyes:
Original post by SophieSmall
He has probably never suffered from acne and doesn't have a clue, acne sufferers will have tried EVERYTHING under the sun because the condition makes most of us feel like utter **** and really self concious.

I've not left my house in a week because my face has become so bad. If it was as simple as washing our face with soap we would all do it and be clear skinned. :rolleyes:

The only solution I found was just waiting it out. Normally it goes away as you get older. Well it gets better anyway. I still have spots and my skin is full of horrible blocked poors. But it is no way as bad as it used to be. Popping spots can be fun though :tongue:

I've always had other skin conditions as well :frown:
The only solution I found was just waiting it out. Normally it goes away as you get older. Well it gets better anyway. I still have spots and my skin is full of horrible blocked poors. But it is no way as bad as it used to be. Popping spots can be fun though :tongue:

I've always had other skin conditions as well :frown:

Yeah, waiting it out doesn't really help though when you can't face leaving the house. I had a full on break down when I looked in the mirror before, I'm still crying now. I feel so pathetic getting so upset over something most people would consider stupid but I just can't stand to look at myself or have anyone else look at me.
I used to have really bad skin and I read online about using Vitamin E, I tried it and my skin is so much better! I bought the capsules of Vitamin E then put the liquid inside where my bad skin was and within a couple of weeks my skin looked so much different, I'd definitely recommend trying it!

The lush aqua marina cleanser is also really good, and I've recently got a really good clay face mask called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, it's 100% natural and it seems to work really well!

Hope this helps (:
Yeah, waiting it out doesn't really help though when you can't face leaving the house. I had a full on break down when I looked in the mirror before, I'm still crying now. I feel so pathetic getting so upset over something most people would consider stupid but I just can't stand to look at myself or have anyone else look at me.

You at least have the option of make up?

It will be ok :console:
You at least have the option of make up?

It will be ok :console:

Make up looks disgusting on me, there is no foundation shade light enough for me. I recently ordered white foundation to mix with the foundations I have to make them lighter but even still, my face still looks disgusting with foundation on it, you can still see all the spots just with paint on them, almost makes it worse.

thanks but it;s not getting any better, I have this face it's disgusting and I have to live with it.
Make up looks disgusting on me, there is no foundation shade light enough for me. I recently ordered white foundation to mix with the foundations I have to make them lighter but even still, my face still looks disgusting with foundation on it, you can still see all the spots just with paint on them, almost makes it worse.

thanks but it;s not getting any better, I have this face it's disgusting and I have to live with it.

I used to have this problem, try some of the things I put in my previous comment a couple of minutes ago, they've really helped my skin (:
Reply 17
i too have this problem and whenever i get a spot i have a scar for life to show it when i look in the mirror without glasses it doesnt look too bad when i put them on theres scars everywhere but i try use clean and clear advantage spot control treatment gel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jennymather
I used to have this problem, try some of the things I put in my previous comment a couple of minutes ago, they've really helped my skin (:

I'm sick of trying products that don't work or my skin worse, I'm £300 into my overdraft I can't be buying new products every month because the last one didn't work. I have tired literally hundred of products, I've changed my diet, I have exercise and I have stopped wearing make up. Nothing works I don';t leave the house any more and I'm close to topping myself. I appreciate you trying to give advice and you seem really nice but a vitamin E cream is going to do nothing.
Reply 19
I'm sick of trying products that don't work or my skin worse, I'm £300 into my overdraft I can't be buying new products every month because the last one didn't work. I have tired literally hundred of products, I've changed my diet, I have exercise and I have stopped wearing make up. Nothing works I don';t leave the house any more and I'm close to topping myself. I appreciate you trying to give advice and you seem really nice but a vitamin E cream is going to do nothing.

oh no please dont top yourself i think you should go back to the doctor and tell them their medicine is not working and whether theres anything stronger or something else that will help i do understand how you feel i literally cover my face with my hair to hide it which is frustrating but makes me feel better even though it probably gives me more spots!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending