The Student Room Group

is it easy to get into university?

im 15 and really want to go to uni in thr future.
would you say its easier or harder to get into uni than previous years?
is uni itself and uni life hard?
did u go to the one you really wanted? what did u get in your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
im 15 and really want to go to uni in thr future.
would you say its easier or harder to get into uni than previous years?
is uni itself and uni life hard?
did u go to the one you really wanted? what did u get in your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends on you and the institution some where like Oxford (not brooks) or Cambridge will be very hard but if your grades are good and by good I mean all a/a* at GCSE and then the same at a level you might be in with a shot.

By the same token somewhere like London Met will be very easy to get in to.

Uni isn't hard as long as you go to lectures and don't make the mistake of not going just because the notes will be on learn wise and you have good exam strategy and study habits the work does get complicated but then so do jobs.

There are hard parts to uni life namely homesickness which should pass but most people get it at some point.but for the most part it's fun club nights hall party sports clubs and other societies. Your also living with people about your age all in the same boat who for the main part want to make friends with you or anyone else oh and the randoms you'l meet are also fun.

I did go to the one I wanted eventually after a false start.

one pice of advice I will give is you must feel comfortable where you go.Location is much more important than league table standings for instance if you got an offer for say Cardiff but hate the city you'll be there for 3-4 years go somewhere else you'll be happy.

Good luck
Its easy to get into uni, but it depends on what uni you want to go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the country and in the world there are so many universities that you would have to try very hard not to get into any.
as long as you complete a 2 year (level 3) college course you will get in. weather its a uni you actually want to go to is another story that would depend on your grades.
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanemptage
It really depends on you and the institution some where like Oxford (not brooks) or Cambridge will be very hard but if your grades are good and by good I mean all a/a* at GCSE and then the same at a level you might be in with a shot.

By the same token somewhere like London Met will be very easy to get in to.

Uni isn't hard as long as you go to lectures and don't make the mistake of not going just because the notes will be on learn wise and you have good exam strategy and study habits the work does get complicated but then so do jobs.

There are hard parts to uni life namely homesickness which should pass but most people get it at some point.but for the most part it's fun club nights hall party sports clubs and other societies. Your also living with people about your age all in the same boat who for the main part want to make friends with you or anyone else oh and the randoms you'l meet are also fun.

I did go to the one I wanted eventually after a false start.

one pice of advice I will give is you must feel comfortable where you go.Location is much more important than league table standings for instance if you got an offer for say Cardiff but hate the city you'll be there for 3-4 years go somewhere else you'll be happy.

Good luck

thank you this was very helpful:yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ill just add my two pennies worth.

Most people will be able to find a place at a university. It may not be a Russell group or Oxbridge but pretty much anyone with A Levels will get in somewhere if you look.

I think the issue is going to be the standard of applicants in the next few years.

A levels are getting more difficult. Where before you could take exams in jan and june, you can currently only take in June at the end of each year and when you take a levels you will only be able to take a full a level at the end of 2 years. This will make it more difficult to get the best grades. Not only this but for many courses it will be the first year of teaching so very little will be known about how the exams work.

Basically you can get into uni but it will depend on a levels and for you it's going to be a difficult couple of years during the change of a levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
thank you this was very helpful:yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad I could help
A common phrase I hear a lot:

"Everyone and their dog goes to university these days".

There are so many universities in the UK that even people with straight Es at A-level can get in without having to prove much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
UEA is easy, it stands for university of easy access

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending