The Student Room Group

Anyone else saving themselves for marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zarek
To be honest, you're crazy. Live a little. There's plenty of happily married people who have enjoyed an extended period of sexual bliss in the run up..

How does someone wanting to save themselves for marriage make them crazy? Some people prefer to save it for their other half, make it more special and **** ... and what do you mean live a little? so having meaningless sex contributes to this? utter bull**** i say
Original post by German123
If you don't mind me asking...how old are you

I'm 16, going to be 17 in January.
Reply 22
No. That difference that you are talking about lays with the feelings, not marriage, so as long as people love each other and feel secure and confortable, it should not be different. In marriage, there might be something interesting at first, but it goes away.
Original post by Zarek
To be honest, you're crazy. Live a little. There's plenty of happily married people who have enjoyed an extended period of sexual bliss in the run up..

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Original post by Protégé
I'm 16, going to be 17 in January.

Cool.
Reply 25
Original post by Itshafsaa
How does someone wanting to save themselves for marriage make them crazy? Some people prefer to save it for their other half, make it more special and **** ... and what do you mean live a little? so having meaningless sex contributes to this? utter bull**** i say

Ease up. Sex before marriage doesn't have to be meaningless.
Original post by chocolatesauce
Yes saving myself, I think it's very meaningful.
Its like we share something totally unique and sexy, no one else can have him but ME and vice versa... I don't feel the need to be 'wanted' or 'used' by a bunch of others for no reason other than 'Oh I Think he looks Hot'.

That's understandable
Reply 27
I'd like to, but probably won't happen. I only intend to sleep with someone if I see myself marrying them, and if I end up feeling so comfortable with him that we sleep together before marriage, it's ok.
Not intentionally haha
Original post by Annabelle-xx
That's understandable

Thank you :biggrin:
I don't know if I could have enjoyable sex with someone I didn't feel committed to. But well, I'm not waiting until marriage and I don't regret it. Maybe I will when my current relationship ends but it's already been three meaningful years and future me would be dumb to suddenly say that a person I loved for so long wasn't worth it.
As a Catholic girl I want to wait until I am married.

I am going to wait until I am married because I want my first time to be with someone that I love and I want them to love me back. If you don't wait until you are married then it means that people could just pretend that they love you just to get you into bed

When the Bible talks about sex ,it is between a married couple. In the new testament it talks about fleeing from
‘sexual immorality’ ( any sexual activity outside of marriage).

Modern society makes it look like being promiscuous ( having many sexual partners) is "cool" and I despise this kind of mentality. Even though I go to a Catholic Sixth form I overhear boys bragging about how many girls they have slept with . I don't want someone to talk about me like that.
Original post by Anonymous
As a Catholic girl I want to wait until I am married.

I am going to wait until I am married because I want my first time to be with someone that I love and I want them to love me back. If you don't wait until you are married then it means that people could just pretend that they love you just to get you into bed

When the Bible talks about sex ,it is between a married couple. In the new testament it talks about fleeing from
‘sexual immorality’ ( any sexual activity outside of marriage).

Modern society makes it look like being promiscuous ( having many sexual partners) is "cool" and I despise this kind of mentality. Even though I go to a Catholic Sixth form I overhear boys bragging about how many girls they have slept with . I don't want someone to talk about me like that.

You don't have to marry to prove you love someone. There are couples who stay together for years without being married, and they're of course not doing it just to get someone into bed :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
You don't have to marry to prove you love someone. There are couples who stay together for years without being married, and they're of course not doing it just to get someone into bed :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. The notion that a marriage is better than any other relationship is absurd. Many couples love each other but decide not to get married.
Original post by germanium
Religious or not, anyone else saving themselves? I had this conversation with a friend recently and said there was a difference in intercourse and making love/having sex. You can get intimate with someone and not actually have full on intercourse. What do you think?
ah no.

Hmmm not as simple as that though.despite having a few gfs and being the age I am I remain a virgin.
When you want to make the first time a bit more "special" or whatever way yeh wana call it haha its hard to find people that youd actually want to do it with.

ultimately right now Il do it with a future gf...and who knows that may mean shell be the only one.I too like having fun but in reality im learning id rather leave sex to people I actually care about than random strangers etc... So as time goes by the statement above appeals more to me.
For me personally I hope to get married in the future with a family.and I think seeing sex as an "act of love" is more healthy than something yeh do to pass the time.That said once I lose the big v il probably give the crazy bachelor lifestyle a go to see does it work for me.

jaysus I sound like some eejit:tongue: excuse the weird wording...

Original post by chocolatesauce
Yes saving myself, I think it's very meaningful.
Its like we share something totally unique and sexy, no one else can have him but ME and vice versa... I don't feel the need to be 'wanted' or 'used' by a bunch of others for no reason other than 'Oh I Think he looks Hot'.

I like the idea more and more too but what if youre not suited for each other sexually.some people are borderline asexual.their spouse could be a raving rabbit.furthermore yeh mightnt even know which type yeh are until you have sex.

think the second sentence is a laugh:tongue: okay its clear yeh dont want casual but why not have sex with a bf or something like that.someone that cares about yeh.probably be helpful when marriage comes so youve already explored your sexuality not taking a gamble and hoping your sexual activity and style matches your spouse.
Original post by sarskinz
Yeah I'm waiting. Why not? Why waste your time on people that you might not even marry..

If it makes you happy, it isn't a waste of time. You really need to be married to be happy with someone?
Original post by lauraaaaa
I had this view...well more about 'saving myself til I was in love'. Then I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend and realised that it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it out to be :smile:

hmmm yeh Id imagine once youve done it once youll be more open to it.but for me losing it the first time I like the idea of doing with a gf.
Original post by EllieC130
Used to be my plan but now I've kind of realised it limits the guys who would put up with it...
Men aren't going to explode just because they don't get some action you know (as much as they try to make out they will). A worthwhile guy will understand and wait until you're ready. If he won't, you've saved yourself the trouble of somebody not worth bothering with.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
ah no.

Hmmm not as simple as that though.despite having a few gfs and being the age I am I remain a virgin.
When you want to make the first time a bit more "special" or whatever way yeh wana call it haha its hard to find people that youd actually want to do it with.

ultimately right now Il do it with a future gf...and who knows that may mean shell be the only one.I too like having fun but in reality im learning id rather leave sex to people I actually care about than random strangers etc... So as time goes by the statement above appeals more to me.
For me personally I hope to get married in the future with a family.and I think seeing sex as an "act of love" is more healthy than something yeh do to pass the time.That said once I lose the big v il probably give the crazy bachelor lifestyle a go to see does it work for me.

jaysus I sound like some eejit:tongue: excuse the weird wording...

I like the idea more and more too but what if youre not suited for each other sexually.some people are borderline asexual.their spouse could be a raving rabbit.furthermore yeh mightnt even know which type yeh are until you have sex.

think the second sentence is a laugh:tongue: okay its clear yeh dont want casual but why not have sex with a bf or something like that.someone that cares about yeh.probably be helpful when marriage comes so youve already explored your sexuality not taking a gamble and hoping your sexual activity and style matches your spouse.

Cba to get rid of the other quote

Because my boyfriend may not be the one. I don't want to give myself and regret it later when I've found the one. I know it sounds silly but I don't want to "give" myself to lots of men because idk it just doesn't feel right. Also I would know by then if he's the raging type or not because hopefully it will be a smooth transfer from boyfriend to husband in which we would have shared information like that. You get me?
Original post by Protégé
This. The notion that a marriage is better than any other relationship is absurd. Many couples love each other but decide not to get married.

But why wouldn't you marry some one you love? I can't think of a good reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending