The Student Room Group

Never seen the Godfather

----------------
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The Shawshank Redemption is an incredible film, as is the Godfather. You are missing out.
Lol wtf?

Are you 'The Expendables' movie kind of guy.
Reply 3
The first time my friend suggested The Godfather I was also reluctant to watch it since it was old and long but then he told me:biggrin::

I loved them so much I've watched them so many times.I've watched hundreds of old movies since including all the James Bond films.I suggest you give it a try.
let me reason with you

*pulls out pistol*
Reply 5
Original post by Lay-Z
I was browsing IMDb top 250 movies and I saw the godfather and godfather pt 2. I watched the trailers and although i'm generally into action/shooting it didn't appeal to me at all. Top of the list shawshank redemption which looked really uninteresting.
I think its because these movies is so old that they don't appeal to me. I've never been a fan of older movies the oldest film I liked was probably star wars episode 6, but I always hear people going on about the godfather.
Should I grind it out and watch it or will I regret it?

You aren't missing much, in my opinion. It's 3 hours of garbage and one of the most boring films I've ever seen.
Reply 6
I watched it and high hopes for The Godfather but tbh, it was nothing amazing. It wasn't awful but nowhere near as good as I had heard it was. I much preferred Goodfellas and Scarface.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Lay-Z
I was browsing IMDb top 250 movies and I saw the godfather and godfather pt 2. I watched the trailers and although i'm generally into action/shooting it didn't appeal to me at all. Top of the list shawshank redemption which looked really uninteresting.
I think its because these movies is so old that they don't appeal to me. I've never been a fan of older movies the oldest film I liked was probably star wars episode 6, but I always hear people going on about the godfather.
Should I grind it out and watch it or will I regret it?

Shawshank is 20 years old, not exactly old.
Reply 8
Godfather 1 and 2 are amongst my favourite films, if you don't like them I won't be sending you an Xmas card next year! :wink:
Reply 9
Shawshank Redemption is the one not to be missed. I've seen Godfather and I didn't think it was all that special, though I will still watch part 2 at some point.
Drop everything and watch Part I and II.

Shawshank can be missed, it's not elite
Godfather I and II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shawshank Redemption
I didn't get the hype surrounding it. In fact, the Godfather Part 1 went so far up my ''never watch again'' list I didn't even bother with Part 2 :dontknow:
Reply 13
Godfather I & II are classics. I would definitely watch them.
Reply 14
Only thugs watch the godfathers. Stupid wannabe gangsters.
It's so incredible, what I really like is not just the story with that kind of drawn out intensity, but the subtle touches, the soundtrack the really vivid sets, but also how they slowly transition into American life, going from the "ethnic freshie's" to blending in and you can't tell if they have lost a part of themselves or gained something new.
Original post by Gjaykay
You aren't missing much, in my opinion. It's 3 hours of garbage and one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

It has a reviewers rating of 100. Out of 100. What on earth do you consider a good movie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fofo5
Only thugs watch the godfathers. Stupid wannabe gangsters.

You have clearly no taste I'm films. That is like saying "Only wannabe secret agents watch James Bond", or "Only wannabe superheroes watch the dark knight." What do you consider to be a good movie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis
I didn't get the hype surrounding it. In fact, the Godfather Part 1 went so far up my ''never watch again'' list I didn't even bother with Part 2 :dontknow:

The hype was from people with taste, obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wildeskills
It has a reviewers rating of 100. Out of 100. What on earth do you consider a good movie?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh we're all into different things. Justin Beiber sells a disgusting amount of CDs and tickets, but I dislike him too. It's all opinions, man.

My favourite flick is Tallageda Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

I'm a simple man and I like to laugh :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending