The Student Room Group

Is it okay to kiss your manager? (Non-romantic)

My manager recently asked if I'd like to stay in my Xmas job, I said yes and I'll sign my new contract next week or so. Would it be ok to give him a hug and/or kiss as a friendly and appreciative gesture? I secretly think he's cute but he doesn't need to know that :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
My manager recently asked if I'd like to stay in my Xmas job, I said yes and I'll sign my new contract next week or so. Would it be ok to give him a hug and/or kiss as a friendly and appreciative gesture? I secretly think he's cute but he doesn't need to know that :smile:

Yes, if you are fine with him potentially interpreting that you fancy him. This might lead to awkward interactions with him if he starts to reciprocate the lip-cheek contact.
Reply 2
Original post by Juichiro
Yes, if you are fine with him potentially interpreting that you fancy him. This might lead to awkward interactions with him if he starts to reciprocate the lip-cheek contact.

I'm sure he won't mind. He happily gave me a v cute hug once before he went on holiday :-D
I'm sure he won't mind. He happily gave me a v cute hug once before he went on holiday :-D

The issue is will you mind if he starts being more physical to you? Bear in mind that he is your manager and you are blurring your professional relationship.
If it doesn't become awkward later on because that would suck so bad
Reply 5
No not okay, likely against your company policies. Your manager would have to declare it if you got together and would be reassigned elsewhere.
Original post by Itshafsaa

Don't suck your manager badly, christ your career's on the line, suck it like a push pop.
kiss? KISS? No. What the actual? Where do you work? :curious:

I personally wouldn't if I was you. I know you said he gave you one, but this time I don't think the occasion calls for it.

Don't mix business with pleasure OP.

For the sake of maintaining a professional relationship stop hugging your bosses.
Reply 8
Original post by MaseratiJay
kiss? KISS? No. What the actual? Where do you work? :curious:

I personally wouldn't if I was you. I know you said he gave you one, but this time I don't think the occasion calls for it.

Don't mix business with pleasure OP.

For the sake of maintaining a professional relationship stop hugging your bosses.

Original post by Le Nombre
Don't suck your manager badly, christ your career's on the line, suck it like a push pop.

Original post by Reue
No not okay, likely against your company policies. Your manager would have to declare it if you got together and would be reassigned elsewhere.

Original post by Itshafsaa

The issue is will you mind if he starts being more physical to you? Bear in mind that he is your manager and you are blurring your professional relationship.

I thought cheek kisses were okay in workplaces? Besides, he's really cool and said he enjoys talking to me. I work in retail but occasionally get to chat in the office when I have to do paperwork. The way he hugged me was so cute, he literally held me for a few seconds and put his hand around the side of my waist. Too bad we were on the shop floor and people were around. Lolz
Reply 9
I thought cheek kisses were okay in workplaces? Besides, he's really cool and said he enjoys talking to me. I work in retail but occasionally get to chat in the office when I have to do paperwork. The way he hugged me was so cute, he literally held me for a few seconds and put his hand around the side of my waist. Too bad we were on the shop floor and people were around. Lolz

No

That's very inappropriate. You seem to be okay with it because it sounds like you fancy him. This won't end well.
That's very inappropriate. You seem to be okay with it because it sounds like you fancy him. This won't end well.

Oh :frown: but I enjoyed it
Oh :frown: but I enjoyed it

And he was the one who chose the placement of his hands not me

Are you in France? If so, absolutely they're fine.

It seems your boss wants to **** you. You also want to **** your boss. The simple solution seems to be to **** one another.

Disclaimer: The above is highly likely to end in disaster down the line, but you'll have fun getting to the crash site.
Original post by Reue
No

Awks. I genuinely thought it was ok. I see suited people giving friendly kisses all the time.
Original post by Le Nombre
Are you in France? If so, absolutely they're fine.

It seems your boss wants to **** you. You also want to **** your boss. The simple solution seems to be to **** kne another.

Disclaimer: The above us highly likely to end in disaster down the line, but you'll have fun getting to the crash site.

I'm in the uk. I shall say thank you with a hand shake in that case.. :-/
I'm waiting for your thread when you let us know you've been fired or something.

You've said non-romantic but I know you know that we know it IS romantic.

If that's what you want to get up to in the work place then you are in the wrong profession!

What's wrong with just going to work, earning your money and going home? Yeah, communicate with him but not the way you are doing it.

Edit: You've finally got it right - handshake is the best way and only way forward!
Original post by MaseratiJay
I'm waiting for your thread when you let us know you've been fired or something.

You've said non-romantic but I know you know that we know it IS romantic.

If that's what you want to get up to in the work place then you are in the wrong profession!

What's wrong with just going to work, earning your money and going home? Yeah, communicate with him but not the way you are doing it.

Edit: You've finally got it right - handshake is the best way and only way forward!

You can't control your feelings. Aren't you human too?

I'll let you know when/if it happens haha.

Thank you sir, handshake it is... Boo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending