The Student Room Group

Never seen the Godfather

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by wildeskills
Shutter Island?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shutter Island really doesn't rank that highly on my list of Scorsese films. Check his flick from the 70s, 80s, 90s that's when he was at his best.
Original post by Tom78
Shutter Island really doesn't rank that highly on my list of Scorsese films. Check his flick from the 70s, 80s, 90s that's when he was at his best.

I have. Did you like the departed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shutter Island?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was alright, nothing special though, in my opinion.
Reply 43
I have. Did you like the departed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it overrated which seems to be an unpopular opinion lol
Reply 44
By no standard, apart from the amount of jump scares is the exorcist better than a movie that is rated no. 1 by both main critic websites and 2nd by IMDB, thee most popular public opinion movie resource. It has class, subtlety, acting masterclass, great cinematography and a great script whilst the exorcist as before mentioned has jump scares and an extremely generic storyline. Also, the phrase "any given day" is stupid, as the movies don't change depending on the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true the exorcist is better
Reply 45
Shutter Island?

Posted from TSR Mobile

terrible movie.
Original post by fofo5
terrible movie.

Your debating style is reminiscent of a monkey's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fofo5
Not true the exorcist is better

One again you astound me with your skills of rhetoric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Your debating style is reminiscent of a monkey's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your movie choice is that of a disabled monkey's.
Reply 49
One again you astound me with your skills of rhetoric.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The majority of people would agree the exorcist is better
Original post by fofo5
Your movie choice is that of a disabled monkey's.

So is the choice of 99.9% of movie critics? Your argument is like a block of Swiss cheese; soft, and full of holes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fofo5
The majority of people would agree the exorcist is better

They don't though, do they? Look at metacritic, IMDB and rotten tomatoes. As well as Empire. All rate the godfather far, far higher. That is a majority for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
They don't though, do they? Look at metacritic, IMDB and rotten tomatoes. As well as Empire. All rate the godfather far, far higher. That is a majority for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are many more that rank the exorcist higher.
Shutter Island was great, probably the only Scorsese film I've actually liked. I haven't seen that many though so I have an open-ish mind.
Original post by fofo5
There are many more that rank the exorcist higher.

I think you have got to be a troll account. Looking at your other posts there is a very small chance you're real, and if you are, then I pity you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
I think you have got to be a troll account. Looking at your other posts there is a very small chance you're real, and if you are, then I pity you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am real. You just can't take it that you are wrong.

I pity you.
Original post by fofo5
Am real. You just can't take it that you are wrong.

I pity you.

You made a post about women not being allowed out of the kitchen and you don't know anything about anything so yep you're either a troll or have an IQ of about 80.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree that is very good, and about 20 years newer. Have you seen anything like Butch Cassidy or On The Waterfront?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope haven't seen any of those. Watching Shawshank redemption really was a mistake, I literally just saw it while looking for something else to watch on TV. I didn't deliberately look for it lol.
Reply 58
You made a post about women not being allowed out of the kitchen and you don't know anything about anything so yep you're either a troll or have an IQ of about 80.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the exorcist is better than the Godfather- this is a fact as it has a better rating. What do you not understand about that.

Just admit you were wrong.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Nope haven't seen any of those. Watching Shawshank redemption really was a mistake, I literally just saw it while looking for something else to watch on TV. I didn't deliberately look for it lol.

Have you seen any old films? (Pre-1990, say)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending