The Student Room Group

Age when losing virginity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DeceitfulDove

Holy crap lmao
Reply 62
18 and still a virgin, not been any attractive gay people in my life and I haven't been fussed enough to have a one night stand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mpepperdine
Honestly depends on how drunk. I don't get completely hammered often, but the 1 or 2 times I have, I've pretty much lost all sense of everything.

That being said, when I'm typical-club-level drunk, I've noticed that I do retain a strong set of morals, so most likely not in answer to your Q.
strong set of morals:P where does that coming into getting with a girl or not:?

im more asking would yeh want to lose your virginity to a random club girl or would yeh not rather wait for someone yeh know:?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
strong set of morals:P where does that coming into getting with a girl or not:?

Oh, I meant it in answer to your question about would I have gone for it if I was drunk. Morals, hence no.

Original post by trustmeimlying1
im more asking would yeh want to lose your virginity to a random club girl or would yeh not rather wait for someone yeh know:?

That's the issue, I'm friends with the girl in question, so it could have been a horrible situation if I had gone for it.
18 and I totally regret how it happened. It's worth questioning the notion of virginity as well; the idea that you 'lose' it is interesting because the person who I technically lost mine to means nothing to me while the person I'm seeing now means more, and although we haven't technically had sex I feel like I'm invested on a deeper and more emotional level than with the other guy. Virginity is a social construction designed to commodify predominantly female sexuality and it's very much an outdated concept. It's something 'taken' from you and something we're apparently unable to ever get back, as if we've lost a sense of purity or innocence, hence wedding dresses are traditionally white and why women are 'given away' to their husbands.
Im 14 and a virgin and imo people are having sex way too early, i go to an all girls grammar and i know loads of girls that arent virgins in my year and most of them sleep with people they're not in relationships with. Literally everyone I know doesn't think its wrong to lose your virginity at 13/14 and tbh literally every 14 year old does know about contraception and sex and those that choose not to lose their virginities just end up doing everything but instead just because of pressure and to be cool, its so pathetic
(edited 9 years ago)
17 and still a virgin

There's no rush to lose it. As long as your both ready it doesn't matter whether your 14 or 30
18 and a virgin; the thought of losing it kind of makes me nervous to be 100% honest. I don't understand people who can lose it to strangers and I don't mean that in a judgemental way. Just that I would have to seriously trust whoever I lost it with; no clue why, just the way I am I guess (anon because I know this sounds a bit stupid).
Oh, I meant it in answer to your question about would I have gone for it if I was drunk. Morals, hence no.

That's the issue, I'm friends with the girl in question, so it could have been a horrible situation if I had gone for it.
ah.tbh maybe Im crazy but Id prefer knowing the person well the first time.

and yeh best yeh didnt.can get messy is right.
Original post by Anonymous
18 and a virgin; the thought of losing it kind of makes me nervous to be 100% honest. I don't understand people who can lose it to strangers and I don't mean that in a judgemental way. Just that I would have to seriously trust whoever I lost it with; no clue why, just the way I am I guess (anon because I know this sounds a bit stupid).
nope im the same stranger.at least for the first time.not nervous tho p
Reply 71
Original post by Glider Gun
How the **** would that be taking advantage? If the roles were reversed, ie drunk guy asking sober girl for sex, would she be taking advantage of him if she accepted? You're spewing **** m8.

It is legally rape and it's alarming that you would use gender role reversal to justify this act.

Surely the woman/her family should take the responsibility for avoiding alcohol/being drunk in the first place. You were not the offender.
Original post by HermanTheTosser
Surely the woman/her family should take the responsibility for avoiding alcohol/being drunk in the first place. You were not the offender.

Are you a fan of chris morris?
I'm a 22 y/o male and have never had it. Also very good-looking, apparently.

I don't know why people bother so eagily with this sort of thing. All you're doing is satisfying a very primitive need.

I mean really, what's the achievement in that?
Reply 75
18, and still a virgin.
Original post by PimpsNChuds
I'm a 22 y/o male and have never had it. Also very good-looking, apparently.

I don't know why people bother so eagily with this sort of thing. All you're doing is satisfying a very primitive need.

I mean really, what's the achievement in that?

Sour grapes. I like intimate contact with people I like. It makes me feel relaxed and helps self esteem
Original post by Juichiro
That's incredibly young. I bet the average 14 year old does not know how use contraceptives. Oh, well, the huge number of teenage pregnancies says it all.

Teenage pregnancies are at the lowest they have been for decades???

Original post by Glider Gun
How the **** would that be taking advantage? If the roles were reversed, ie drunk guy asking sober girl for sex, would she be taking advantage of him if she accepted? You're spewing **** m8.

Yes, yes she would. It's essentially rape either way because the person who is drunk is not fully cognitive. Not legal rape necessarily, but rape nonetheless - sex without consent. Someone who is totally hammered cannot give viable consent imo.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Teenage pregnancies are at the lowest they have been for decades???

Yes, yes she would. It's essentially rape either way because the person who is drunk is not fully cognitive. Not legal rape necessarily, but rape nonetheless - sex without consent. Someone who is totally hammered cannot give viable consent imo.

They are still the among highest in Europe.
Still a virgin at 19. :moon:
If there's one upside, I'm glad I didn't lose it to somebody I wasn't absolutely crazy for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending