The Student Room Group

Meaning of reply on OkCupid

A girl replied saying "Lol,thanks" to a compliment on giving up alcohol.Do I have a chance with this girl?
No.
Original post by Dalek1099
A girl replied saying "Lol,thanks" to a compliment on giving up alcohol.Do I have a chance with this girl?

If that's all she said then probably not. If she was interested she'd probably have tried to keep the conversation going and asked a question back or something.
In answer to title:
When the girl says "lol," she means "you seem like a ****ing weirdo, but I'm too polite to say"
When the girl says "thanks," she means "I think that this conversation has run its course, I won't ask a leading question because I am not interested in finding out more about this person"
Also, there is no 'x' at the end, she's not interested.
At least there's no ellipsis, so I guess she doesn't find you rude.
Also, you're on Ok Cupid?!
Reply 5
What should I reply back?
Reply 6

Lol, don't.

Start telling her your life story and really open up to her. Women folk appreciate it when you do that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8

"Lol,welcome"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I have replied I said "What do you write about?" she is into writing.I'm going to try to take this extremely slowly and am hoping the strength of the relationship will vary with time like an exponential curve with the rate of change of the relationship with respect to time proportional to the strength of the relationship.The relationship will hopefully start of really slowly and then start to really take off fast.

(LOL) Lots Of Love, Thanks.

She's so into you. She wants you to give her lots of love. Hurry up and tell her you'll give her lots of love otherwise some other guy might do it.
Reply 11
why are you using dating sites? Didn't you just finish your GCSEs?
Reply 12
Original post by Tai Ga
why are you using dating sites? Didn't you just finish your GCSEs?

I am in my second year of A Levels now and am 18 and I haven't had any luck with girls yet.
Could have been worse: just have just been a 'lol'.
Keep it up bro all about putting in the effort you can do it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending