The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M!lad
Have people received confirmations that they passed the primary screening i.e. met the eligibility criteria?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381

Ok so it's not just me 😅
Reply 382
Original post by M!lad
Have people received confirmations that they passed the primary screening i.e. met the eligibility criteria?

It'd be too much hassle for them, i think it's just a matter of them handing out interviews to a select amount after assessing applicants and thats it really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither. :redface:
Reply 384
Original post by TCO
It'd be too much hassle for them, i think it's just a matter of them handing out interviews to a select amount after assessing applicants and thats it really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh probably, but on the email it said we should hear before end of December which had me worried 😅
Hi guys,

I never received the eligibility forms when they were first handed out. Did anyone else experience this problem?

I now have now received them via the student room and have an extension until next week.

Did you post them or scan them through email?

I have 5/6 of the criteria do you think this will enhance my application?
Original post by Joanne9495
Hi guys,

I never received the eligibility forms when they were first handed out. Did anyone else experience this problem?

I now have now received them via the student room and have an extension until next week.

Did you post them or scan them through email?

I have 5/6 of the criteria do you think this will enhance my application?

Hi,

No I haven't received that problem but I scanned mine through email by replying to the email that it was sent through.

Anyone who has less than 3 doesn't meet the criteria. If you have 3 or more your application is treated equally. This is the same as if you meet the entry grade criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Hi, does anyone know the cut off for the ukcat?
Original post by An4w42

There isn't a Ukcat cut off, they take it into consideration with all your other stats e.g personal statement. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Thanks
Original post by An4w42

Original post by mangomango
There isn't a Ukcat cut off, they take it into consideration with all your other stats e.g personal statement. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The UKCAT is only really used when 2 very similar applicants need to be decided between. :yes:. Personal statement is what decides if you get an interview and it really important, UKCAT not so much :nah:.
Original post by Neostigmine
The UKCAT is only really used when 2 very similar applicants need to be decided between. :yes:. Personal statement is what decides if you get an interview and it really important, UKCAT not so much :nah:.

Ok. Do you know when southampton will start filtering and rejecting /interview places for this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mangomango
Ok. Do you know when southampton will start filtering and rejecting /interview places for this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page?

Tuesday 9 December 2014 ----------------------BM4/A101 applicants
Thursday 11 December 2014 --------------------BM4/A101 applicants
Wednesday 21 January 2015 --------------------BM5/A100 Mature Non Graduate applicants
Tuesday 27 January 2015-------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
Thursday 29 January 2015 -----------------------BM5/A100 applicants
Monday 2 February 2015 -------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
Friday 6 February 2015 ---------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
Tuesday 10 February 2015 -----------------------BM5/A100 Overseas applicants
Friday 13 February 2015 -------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
Tuesday 24 February 2015------------------------BM5/A100 Graduate applicants
Friday 27 February 2015----------------------BM6/A102 applicants
Friday 6 March 2015 --------------------------BM6/A102 applicants

Invitations for interview go out around 2 weeks before the interview date. Rejections don't tend to happen until later in the year (i.e there are rarely any before the interviews have happened).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Neostigmine
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page?

Invitations for interview go out around 2 weeks before the interview date. Rejections don't tend to happen until later in the year (i.e there are rarely any before the interviews have happened).

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Does anyone know when they start to give out pre interview rejections
Original post by An4w42
Does anyone know when they start to give out pre interview rejections

Literally answered this 2 posts ago :yes:.
Has anyone received an acknowledgment email yet? I haven't :s-smilie: Might have to give them a call tomorrow
Dunnoe about you guys but I received an acknowledgement email back in November.
Still waiting for my offfer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending