The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobertJWild
that first bit confused me a little. If you're asking if you can apply for SWs now as a year 1 on a 4 year course and then re-apply to the same SWs the following year as a 2nd year on a 4 year course, then the answer is yes but as Anonymous mentioned earlier, it's likely that you'll be rejected off the bat if you apply this cycle because you don't meet the criteria of being a 1st year on a 3 year course or a 2nd year on a 4 year course.

Rejected off the bat this cycle, why? I said I'll apply saying that my graduation year is 2017. :l
Original post by yl95
As in if I am year 1 now and am applying for SWs but don't get into any anyway, saying that I'm on a 3 year course when I'm currently enrolled on a 4 year course, is it OK to apply next year to the same places for SWs saying that I'm a 2nd year on a 4 year course?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Rejected off the bat this cycle, why? I said I'll apply saying that my graduation year is 2017. :l

If you do that you will face major problems.... Just saying
Original post by yl95

If you're currently enrolled on a 4 year course, then at least to me it sounds quite dishonest to say you'll be graduating in 2017 when your degree doesn't say that. That's just me though.
Original post by MathsNerd1
If you're currently enrolled on a 4 year course, then at least to me it sounds quite dishonest to say you'll be graduating in 2017 when your degree doesn't say that. That's just me though.

Lots of people have the option to switch to either a three or four year course.

If yl95 genuinely doesn't mind between 3 or 4 and will do three years of they get a SW then it's completely fine to do as suggested

Next year they'd just apply saying they've now decided to do 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ProjectNr2
If you do that you will face major problems.... Just saying

How?
Original post by Aenigma

If yl95 genuinely doesn't mind between 3 or 4 and will do three years of they get a SW then it's completely fine to do as suggested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I really don't mind. I just figured it would probably be better to apply to SWs next year rather than go straight for summer if I don't get any this year.
Original post by Aenigma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair point
i applied for a shed load of SWs last year (in my 1st year of a 3 year economics course). now I'm doing a year abroad so my course is 4 years (econ with year abroad). I've applied to the same places this time round and just got an offer from one of the banks. so yeh its fine
Original post by tcoburn
i applied for a shed load of SWs last year (in my 1st year of a 3 year economics course). now I'm doing a year abroad so my course is 4 years (econ with year abroad). I've applied to the same places this time round and just got an offer from one of the banks. so yeh its fine

Cheers!
Original post by CD315
Which college? :smile:

Caius :smile:
Reply 3510
Original post by RobertJWild
Sorry bud. Didn't apply to Barclays but ask away, someone might be able to help you.

oh alright thanks anyway!
Original post by Purple_fox
Any last-minute interview advice for Pwc? Phone interview tomorrow morning.

How did you do on the tests?
Does anyone know the dates for the GS Spring Insight? Thanks!
Interested too.
For Morgan Stanley, the spring week will have two separate start dates : week commencing 23rd March and 13th April.
Original post by Purple_fox
Applied for their Women in business programquite a while ago, maybe end of October, got the interview about two weeks ago.

I applied for the women in business programme too! What is your profile, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
How did you do on the tests?

On the report it said Above Average on both sections.
Original post by econstudent10
Literally applied to GS yesterday and it turned to Under Review just today... not sure this means anything anymore

Anyone else?

They screen after deadlines.
Reply 3517
Literally applied to GS yesterday and it turned to Under Review just today... not sure this means anything anymore

Anyone else?

Yeah mine just changed to under review too, applied back in October so maybe they're starting to process them? No idea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just been invited to do the video questions with PwC. Did someone already do that and might share some experiences and tips? Don´t really know how to prepare...
please P.M me

Anyone else?

I guess they are reviewing it, but you won't hear until after the deadline. What division did you apply to?

Latest

Trending

Trending