The Student Room Group

4th and 5th choice uni

I'm applying for business studies and management ...my 4th and 5th choice are Manchester and kent....is it a bad idea to apply for the course with industrial placement as they are more competitive to get into ? Is the management with placement in uni of manc tough to get into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't qualify for the placement, it's highly likely the universities will automatically consider you for the course without the placement.
Reply 2
So apply for the placement one ...if they aren't impressed with my appli they put me in the normal one?
Is it better to apply straight for 3 year only...cuz my 4tg and 5th choice are my plan B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VinitJ
So apply for the placement one ...if they aren't impressed with my appli they put me in the normal one?
Is it better to apply straight for 3 year only...cuz my 4tg and 5th choice are my plan B

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to do the placement, apply for the placement.
Reply 4
I do ...but I want to be sure that my application gets accepted by at least one .....is it wise to apply to all 5 choices with placement?
Original post by VinitJ
I do ...but I want to be sure that my application gets accepted by at least one .....is it wise to apply to all 5 choices with placement?

Perhaps have at least one without a placement. I think it's important to have a safer choice in there as even if you get offers from all you want to have an insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VinitJ

Well, it depends on how your predicted grades fare against their entry requirements, rather than placement vs not placement. Naturally, if all the placement courses fall on/above your predicted, then apply to a few without placement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending