The Student Room Group

Where do I find old stats?

I want to do a little bit of maths to see what the probability is for an individual to get on to a particular course, and to find out how much competition there is. I know The numbers would change for every university and course and variate every year, but I don't know where to find the numbers in the first place. I want to use last years numbers, or the year befores.

I need the following numbers
1: How many people applied for the course
2: What percentage got offers (I know where to find this)
3: How many chose it as their CF or CI
4: How many chose it as their UF or UI
5: How many places went into clearing, and what where the grades for clearing?

Now, inparticularly, I would like these numbers for QUBs SESE, but if their is a website or something that had information for any university, that would be useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On UCAS there is a link for data analysis which has lots of statistics for all the universities, by subject, institution etc
Original post by NekoJyo
I want to do a little bit of maths to see what the probability is for an individual to get on to a particular course, and to find out how much competition there is. I know The numbers would change for every university and course and variate every year, but I don't know where to find the numbers in the first place. I want to use last years numbers, or the year befores.

I need the following numbers
1: How many people applied for the course
2: What percentage got offers (I know where to find this)
3: How many chose it as their CF or CI
4: How many chose it as their UF or UI
5: How many places went into clearing, and what where the grades for clearing?

Now, inparticularly, I would like these numbers for QUBs SESE, but if their is a website or something that had information for any university, that would be useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatuni.com has everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe you can submit a freedom of information request to those universities for the information.
Reply 4
Original post by fudgecake22
Whatuni.com has everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did most of the maths thanks to this site. The only thing I'm missing is how many people choose the offer as their firm or insurance. As it stands, for the course I want to do there is 1 place for 3.6 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NekoJyo
I did most of the maths thanks to this site. The only thing I'm missing is how many people choose the offer as their firm or insurance. As it stands, for the course I want to do there is 1 place for 3.6 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think this information is freely available anywhere, although I might be wrong. You can probably get it by submitting a FOI request to the unis in question, or to UCAS, which is fairly inexpensive, if you really want to know.

However, I would bear in mind a few things:

Firstly, some students will use adjustment to find a place at a better uni, or drop/defer their place at the last minute. As such, not every student who achieves their offer will go to that course at that uni. Equally, some people may take up their place via adjustment as well as clearing.

Secondly, if there is one place for 3.6 offers, remember that most people get 3/4 offers, and can only go to one uni. That sounds like if you chose the uni, you would have a reasonably good chance of getting in, and unis are keen to get people through the door these days.

Thirdly, if you achieve the grades of your offer, you will always be accepted. If you hugely miss your offer, you will always be rejected. Your time might be better spent studying for your A-levels than worrying about this data!
I agree, you're over thinking it.

Quick Reply

Latest