The Student Room Group

What do i pick for my a levels?

At the moment i really want to take psychology and geography. I want to take maths however i have been told it is extremely hard and i don't want to struggle and have to drop it. If i get an A at GCSE will i be able to cope with it?
Business Studies is also an option but i don't know much about it, is it really complicated?? Also, i didn't take business studies at GCSE so i don't want to know way less.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maths may or may not be hard for you if you get an A but it depends on the person anyway.
AS maths is fairly straightforward, A2 is more of a jump up in the core units, but you should be able to do it if you can get an A at GCSE. Whether you should depends on whether you actually like maths or not. I did maths although I am not a natural mathematician, so I found it a struggle to get motivated and for me it was a case of rote practice rather than true understanding in the A2 core units, applied units were fine for me, but many people found mechanics very hard. It's very much a personal thing, some people find A-level maths very hard, whereas people who are naturally very good at maths and enjoy it find it easy.
Original post by em123x
At the moment i really want to take psychology and geography. I want to take maths however i have been told it is extremely hard and i don't want to struggle and have to drop it. If i get an A at GCSE will i be able to cope with it?
Business Studies is also an option but i don't know much about it, is it really complicated?? Also, i didn't take business studies at GCSE so i don't want to know way less.

Why don't you take Economics instead of Business Studies? It would fit really well with Geography, Maths and Psychology, and is more respected than Business Studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em123x
I want to take maths however i have been told it is extremely hard and i don't want to struggle and have to drop it. If i get an A at GCSE will i be able to cope with it?

I got an A in GCSE Maths and I ended up with an E at AS :frown:
Original post by em123x

What are you thinking of doing at uni?
Original post by em123x

I got an A at GCSE and 95% at AS, Core 1 is really easy and most of core 2 is easy. Stats is the hardest but if you like maths you'll be fine
In Maths, I got an A at GCSE and a B at AS. If you work hard you can do well.

Quick Reply

Latest