The Student Room Group

When is the quietest time to go to a gym?

I really want to tone up and get a better body I am 6 ft 1 and used to be fat I lost 4 stone and I have been 'skinny fat' for too long. I just feel so embarassed to go to the gym. When I was big I went to the gym and had a bad experience someone was laughing at me so I just left and never been to a gym since. I just really want to tone up.
Reply 1
10pm-6am and then 11am-3pm
Reply 3
January.
Original post by futbol
January.

Lol. January is when you get all the new year's resolution ppl.

You have a brief spell in spring and then you have people who want July/August beach bodies and then it dies down again.
Reply 5
Post nuclear war
Reply 6
Original post by keromedic
Lol. January is when you get all the new year's resolution ppl.

You have a brief spell in spring and then you have people who want July/August beach bodies and then it dies down again.

Lol. I was being ironic...
Summer Saturday afternoons.
Original post by trifleontoast
I really want to tone up and get a better body I am 6 ft 1 and used to be fat I lost 4 stone and I have been 'skinny fat' for too long. I just feel so embarassed to go to the gym. When I was big I went to the gym and had a bad experience someone was laughing at me so I just left and never been to a gym since. I just really want to tone up.

I felt really anxious going to the gym for the first time, but the more you go, the more likely you are to become more comfortable and desensitised to the process.
In the weekdays, if you can, it would be best to go in the morning (after 9am) , because some go before work.
At the weekend, probably early morning maybe?
Try not to pay attention to those around you. Everyone had to start from the "bottom", no one was born muscly (apart from that kid with a mutation). Best time is probably 9am-11, just before afternoon/lunch rush and then 2-4pm. It also depends on the gym you go to. Have you tried calling the gym receptionist and asking when it's the most quiet?
(edited 9 years ago)
During working hours it is really quiet, also Friday nights are pretty deserted.

The best time to go though is whenever you have time. Don't put off the gym because it will be busy. Doing some exercise will make you feel a lot better than doing no exercise. Unless you're training to a strict regime, where you need to do specific exercises just make sure you put in the effort.

Outside of what I've already mentioned, early mornings are usually better than after work. 630-8 my gym is pretty decent.
Original post by Emily.97
I felt really anxious going to the gym for the first time, but the more you go, the more likely you are to become more comfortable and desensitised to the process.
In the weekdays, if you can, it would be best to go in the morning (after 9am) , because some go before work.
At the weekend, probably early morning maybe?

I find that around 9am it starts to get busy, especially during term time when people come in after the school run, a sweet spot is around 7.00-7.30, by than the workers start to leave.

Quick Reply