The Student Room Group

ebay small claims court

So I was selling a snowboard bag over christmas and it was going to sell for £1 so I ended the item, messaged the winner that I was cancelling it. He then proceeded to pay which I refunded and said the item was no longer available. He is now threatening to take me to small claims court over this. Do I have a case?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No as you don't owe him money if you refunded
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
He should be fined £200 for considering taking anyone to court for £1...
Reply 3
The remedy would probably be rescission or money back and as you already refunded him there is no case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you're a private seller he can report you to eBay (who may tell you off but won't take much action for a first offence). But the buyer has no grounds to take you to court. He's just trying to scare you.

You should set a better start price on future auctions though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This has to be a troll thread.

Small claims court for a quid who does that
Reply 6
Original post by tillytots

Not troll. He's not claiming the one quid but for me to give him the cost of a new one.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Not troll. He's not claiming the one quid but for me to give him the cost of a new one.

Tell him to bugger off. I'm sure it's all talk, I'm sure ebay have bigger fish to fry
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm not sure you understand the economic values involved :facepalm:

Or I care so little that I have no compulsion to lend anything useful to the discussion.
Reply 9
So he has said he's got the paper work to file a claim. I looked at small claims court and there is no appropriate section. I don't owe him any money...

Going to CAB to see what they say. I really don't want to have to cover the cost of his claim if he wins...
Reply 10
small claims court is only if someone owes you money. You refunded him so you owe him no money and his claim will probably be chucked out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
He says he has my address. Could he? I looked at items I've purchased and they don't have the sellers address on. And he hasn't got it through ebay as he didn't file a complaint through them.
Reply 12
Original post by Noodlzzz
He says he has my address. Could he? I looked at items I've purchased and they don't have the sellers address on. And he hasn't got it through ebay as he didn't file a complaint through them.

He can request your address from eBay - but if he does, eBay will email you to let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Will I have to physically go to court if he precedes with this? (said he was going to send off tomorrow) :/

Sorry for the all questions guys, just a bit nervous and pissed off!
Just laugh at him? Nothings going to happen of it. He hasn't filled out a form. Hes just being a tool bag. Ignore him.
Only someone with more money and time then sense would take someone to court over £1.
I really would not threat about it.

The only thing I would be concerned with is negative feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can Action Fraud help?
Original post by tillytots

This is unlikely a troll thread. During a filming of Top Gear when The Stig was doing a lap in a 458 it caught fire. He took Ferrari court. He legally forced Ferrari to take his million pounds because he refused Ferraris offer of a free new 458 plus a pack of strongbow and another test lap (which he now has to pay for himself. I dont know his gender I was just being generic).

Unfortunately this wont be for a while. Jupiter is nearing opposition and this is interfering with Stigs plasmic organic electronics.
Original post by BANS2012
Only someone with more money and time then sense would take someone to court over £1.
I really would not threat about it.

The only thing I would be concerned with is negative feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hes a ****, dont trust the mufo!!
May I ask do sellers need to pay the VAT when selling to buyers living inside Britain? Thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending