The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Original post by welcometoib
couple rejs, waiting to hear on ints from a few firms :smile:

ahh hopefully we do get something :smile: our hard work can not be in vain.

goodluck :smile:
Did anyone else receive an email from DB about the online numerical test?
For those of you who have a telephone interview with Barclays on your application but have not yet received an email from Barclays, I am in the same situation.

Barclays responded by saying that they have not yet started interviewing candidates for the Front Office spring week and that once they start to do so, they will send out an email to selected interview candidates asking them to select a time and date to conduct the interview.

I hope this info helps.
Guys, just got a telephone interview invite for MS. Entirely competency based. Any tips?
Just a quick question;
Has anyone put down their university modules on their CV? (My degree is related to IB)
Original post by Hazard10i
Guys, just got a telephone interview invite for MS. Entirely competency based. Any tips?

you do econ or finance? if so "fully"competency based is bs, prepare some basic techs.
Original post by tania2396
Just a quick question;
Has anyone put down their university modules on their CV? (My degree is related to IB)

no, they dont belong on the cv as it would almost be impossible to keep it on one page then.
If banks are interested in them they will have a form to fill them in.
Original post by ProjectNr2
no, they dont belong on the cv as it would almost be impossible to keep it on one page then.
If banks are interested in them they will have a form to fill them in.

it depends i think, if struggle to fill out cv putting one or two best modules wouldn't harm
it depends i think, if struggle to fill out cv putting one or two best modules wouldn't harm

quality > quantity.

Dont make the common mistake "ohhh my CV looks so empty, lets put this information in, which is not completly irrelevant but also not really important aswell" to just make it look like a good filled page.
Rather think twice if you have something you did not think about by now which is really relevant and important.

Sure it wouldn´t harm if you can fit it on it, give it a go.

I always say to myself: A good CV is a CV where my eye catches a random line and I am directly interested and read on. (obviously not adress or stuff like that)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tania2396
Just a quick question;

Nope, just have the degree name & hello again :smile:

As welcometoib said and also ensure your commercial awareness is up to speed.
Original post by ProjectNr2
quality > quantity.

Dont make the common mistake "ohhh my CV looks so empty, lets put this information in, which is not completly irrelevant but also not really important aswell" to just make it look like a good filled page.
Rather think twice if you have something you did not think about by now which is really relevant and important.

Sure it wouldn´t harm if you can fit it on it, give it a go.

I always say to myself: A good CV is a CV where my eye catches a random line and I am directly interested and read on. (obviously not adress or stuff like that)

i didnt say id do that, however if there is white space on one page cv it doesnt look good at all for me personally. If quality entails three quarters of a page then im gna fill up the rest with something even if to a less degree

i agree with the rest of the stuff you said
i didnt say id do that, however if there is white space on one page cv it doesnt look good at all for me personally. If quality entails three quarters of a page then im gna fill up the rest with something even if to a less degree

i agree with the rest of the stuff you said

fair play. I have no professial knowledge anyways thats just what ive heard

When did you send your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manuelle
Has anyone who applied to BAML relatively late (early November) heard back from them?

I applied on the 2nd of December and got an offer on the 19th!
Original post by B-Stacks
When did you send your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About a month ago.
Just wondering if anyone else received an email from Citi about a week ago saying that they are 'taking time to look at each application' etc etc and don't want to rush blah blah... but in the mean time 'come and meet us' at 'our careers events' or something. Looked on their website an there is only one I could see, which was in Dublin... so that won't be happening.

Anyone else, or only me...?
Blah what questions do they ask on the MS phone interview? (sorry if answered before)
Original post by JackR7821
Just wondering if anyone else received an email from Citi about a week ago saying that they are 'taking time to look at each application' etc etc and don't want to rush blah blah... but in the mean time 'come and meet us' at 'our careers events' or something. Looked on their website an there is only one I could see, which was in Dublin... so that won't be happening.

Anyone else, or only me...?

got the first part of the email, but not the second part, they dont wanna see me :tongue:
Original post by craycray
I applied on the 2nd of December and got an offer on the 19th!

do you think there are many places left for spring at BAML? Oh and congrats ! :smile: Torn between summer and spring insight.. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending