The Student Room Group

Changing my mind all the time

I had great difficulty choosing my AS Levels: I finally chose to do Maths, Art & Design, Spanish and English Literature. I am now kind of regretting choosing English as I HATE writing essays. I have always been better at sciences- Chemistry was my best GCSE mark. I don't know whether to change subject, but I think it is too late as I have already studied them for a term. I don't know what to do...
Reply 1
Original post by sh16z
I had great difficulty choosing my AS Levels: I finally chose to do Maths, Art & Design, Spanish and English Literature. I am now kind of regretting choosing English as I HATE writing essays. I have always been better at sciences- Chemistry was my best GCSE mark. I don't know whether to change subject, but I think it is too late as I have already studied them for a term. I don't know what to do...

also I have no clue what uni course to choose either!?
Reply 2
Original post by sh16z

You must have some thoughts about your future course. It's easy to say 'I don't know' but in your mind you must have some feeling about would you like to do something artistic/ creative? Something involving people? Something mathematical, perhaps finance or accountancy maybe actuarial science? Maybe linguistics or possibly even something scientific or engineering based?
It's never too late, but it does depend on how committed you are. I had a number of friends at school and even more now I'm at uni who restarted A Levels from scratch and did different ones a year later and that's on my medicine course! But that means you need to feel very strongly about the decision and have the courage to actually do it!
That said i'd say you're not alone hating AS English almost everyone i knew in 6th form did! And you can drop it at the end of the year which really isn't that long now. If you desperately wanted to give chemistry a go you could always ask to do an extra AS during your A2 year and take up chem.

Quick Reply

Latest