The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Andy and Kim are engaged!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to both Andy and Kim - long time coming! Finally a good piece of news to brighten up the week (amongst all the other bits of bad news).

3 down, one to go (Rafa, we're looking at you)...
Congrats to Andy and Kim.
Well, they may not have met at the WTF Final, but Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic clashed in the inaugural IPTL exhibition event (representing Micromax Indian Aces and UAE Royals respectively).
Some very entertaining points in here, especially near the business end of the set. I've managed to catch a few of the matches and it's certainly a very interesting format for an exho. Definitely kept the crowd entertained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jujFtL9lo (full set)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbi4oC5-iw4 (highlights)
Reply 2664
Has anyone tried wearing a weighted vest while playing tennis? How'd it go?
I'm considering it for training purposes.
Every year I forget to apply to the Wimbledon ballot :frown:
Danny vallverdu is tomas berdych's new coach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2667
Apparently the BBC are looking to share coverage of Wimbledon with BT Sport in order to cut costs. That will be a major disappointment if that does indeed happen.
For frack sake! They already ruined the F1 coverage by making it patchy.
Original post by Kado
Apparently the BBC are looking to share coverage of Wimbledon with BT Sport in order to cut costs. That will be a major disappointment if that does indeed happen.

Wimbledon's the one of the only 2 to be fully on free tv! Noooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
For frack sake! They already ruined the F1 coverage by making it patchy.

Pls remind me why we pay tv licence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Pls remind me why we pay tv licence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because lefties don't want it part privatized.
If BBC don't want to it and it's pretty clear BBC isn't keen on much sport these days then I'd like to see ITV get it. They do a good job with the French Open and they've got some money to spend having lost the Champions League and Europa League rights.
As long as it stays completely free-to-air I don't care what channel it's on. I'm under no illusions though, since only finals weekend is protected by the government I expect the rest of the tournament will eventually go to pay TV. To not have Wimbledon in all its glory on free-to-air TV would be a travesty, so as I said, ITV have probably got a bit of money and are building up a nice sports portfolio and Discovery are supposedly keen on obtaining sports rights that could be shown on Quest.
Original post by TheMagicRat
As long as it stays completely free-to-air I don't care what channel it's on. I'm under no illusions though, since only finals weekend is protected by the government I expect the rest of the tournament will eventually go to pay TV. To not have Wimbledon in all its glory on free-to-air TV would be a travesty, so as I said, ITV have probably got a bit of money and are building up a nice sports portfolio and Discovery are supposedly keen on obtaining sports rights that could be shown on Quest.
While I think their French Open coverage is quite decent I really do hate the ads :angry:
In other news, can't wait until the new season begins :excited:

[video="youtube;BZc-ZKGhVdI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZc-ZKGhVdI[/video]
Another two weeks before I get to see Federer play again. I can't wait
Reply 2677
Will Nadal be ready for Australia? Will Nadal win Australian Open?:wink:
Original post by ubi1
Will Nadal be ready for Australia? Will Nadal win Australian Open?:wink:

Been a while since we saw you! He won't win it, backing my man Gasquet. Or in all seriousness Novak to regain his dominance there.
Reply 2679
Original post by hskjlclcn
Been a while since we saw you! He won't win it, backing my man Gasquet. Or in all seriousness Novak to regain his dominance there.

I think Nadal should win it after what happened this year. Heck he should have won it in 2012 and this year.:angry:

He should be fired up even more for this slam more than ever.

By am always on the forum :tongue:

Gasquet been taking lessons on how to play tennis from Rafa at mollarca

Quick Reply

Latest