The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Horrible week for me. 29 points with Siggy and Taylor to play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hutton coming on for Azpi for me too. 0-0 really helped as I had Pantilmon too in goal. Had De Gea in subs.

Sig yet to play but still not a good GW. Nobody in my team scored a goal yet this GW.

Think Baines is gonig out soon.
Horrible gameweek for me. 26 but took a 4 point hit too. Crashing out of the cup it seems to a ghost team with Gerrard as captain and lost quite abit of ground on sr90. Only saving grace is I should win my head2head still. Have Fabianski and Bony left but not expecting much since the Swans don't travel well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prandtl
The original idea with the H2H leagues was to take the standings of each division after every team had played each other once and then combine top placings from each league for the remaining weeks? There are 20 teams per league so we'll have 'final' placings after GW19. I then can't remember whether the intention was to go for a full 20 team league for the remaining gameweeks or to wait until GW22 and just have an 18 team league of the top 6 of each division..? I'd be inclined to go with the latter as the turnaround from GW19 into 20 is a little impractical.. Swansea beat Liverpool to finish GW19, just a couple of days before GW20 begins. So if a user ended up being away from TSR during those couple of days and was unable to join it'd kind of ruin the league with it being uneven.

If using the delayed till GW22 option, can send out PMs to see if people are currently active/contactable on TSR. That gives 12 days for response before GW21 begins.

Anyways, most important thing is to know who's who from the three leagues so league code can be sent out to people. Here's a list of the 57 teams in the leagues and I've used Little_wizard's list from his OP to fill in some of the tsr usernames...

Spoiler

Got most! A few missing but I know people change their names midseason or I might've mucked up copy-pasting etc. Just tell me if there's not a username or the correct username next to your team and I can add it in.

Um, yeah... Whole structure and how things should work is really up for discussion/finalising..

Cheers :yy:

What are we deciding on then? We doing it now, or GW 22?
Reply 4004
Good week, 45 with Sig and Bony to come. Still in the cup :colone:
Original post by mr tim
Hutton coming on for Azpi for me too. 0-0 really helped as I had Pantilmon too in goal. Had De Gea in subs.

That game pretty much saved my week too.

Transferring Pants out though, Sunderland have horrible fixtures coming up.
Original post by sr90
That game pretty much saved my week too.

Transferring Pants out though, Sunderland have horrible fixtures coming up.

Liverpool and Spurs are hardly that scary a proposition atm, and he'll probably pick up 3 points in those because of how many saves he's making. Think i'm going to keep hold.
Original post by Fideo
Good week, 45 with Sig and Bony to come. Still in the cup :colone:

Same for me - looks like a very low scoring GW so bearing the 50 point mark is excellent.

Wish I'd gone with my first instinct and captained hazard or silva instead of Costa though :/
Original post by Gob Bluth
Baines is coming out with my WC. Can imagine Austin may have dried up by a little then, and Kane too. May keep one, but doubt both. Got a nice settled team until then, and don't have to worry about injuries or suspensions or players being rested.

I think most people messed up captaincy today, unless you captained Hazard. I haven't made a good captaincy choice for weeks. Still reeling from Giroud last week.

Hutton coming for Azpi was a nice surprise as I didn't realise Azpi didn't play.

You're dropping Baines!? He's just become an absolute essential. Trust me, don't do that.
Original post by little_wizard123
You're dropping Baines!? He's just become an absolute essential. Trust me, don't do that.

Elaborate?
In terms of the H2H league, I think the plan was for the top 3 from each division to go into a H2H 'final league'- 16 GWs would be required meaning there would be a bit of time from the end of GW19 to set it up.

Hopefully one of you guys can set it up - preferably somebody who is in the top 3 of a league so we don't get that extra team (although it's looking like my team might make the top 3 in Div C :lol: )

Apologies on late reply.. Month of hell at work but it's thankfully coming towards an end :tongue:

:redface: I must've misremembered what the plan was. Could've sworn six from each league was involved somewhere..

Original post by Gob Bluth
What are we deciding on then? We doing it now, or GW 22?

Creating the multi-league for next GW too impractical imo. Either top 3 or top 6 from each league on tonights halfway placings.
Any players that people think will do well in the second half of the season who maybe haven't, for whatever reason, done so well in the first half? Asking for UFPL where you get January transfers.

Have considered:
Sturridge but too big a risk of getting himself crocked.
Manchester United forwards/mids but difficult to choose who'll be consistently involved/playing.
Original post by Isometrix
Elaborate?

Baines played part of a game in midfield. But since Everton are dross, Mirallas is back on free kicks and there'll be injuries returning to midfield and defence very soon he seems about as un-droppable as a viciously hot potato handed to an old person with peripheral neuropathy
I'd say Everton are out of form at the moment, but there's no real alternative to Baines for me. I've 2 Chelsea players already and the 'top' teems I'd otherwise look at tend to operate unpredictable rotation policies.

I'm sticking with Baines, he'll come good again shortly.
Reply 4014
Original post by Prandtl
Any players that people think will do well in the second half of the season who maybe haven't, for whatever reason, done so well in the first half? Asking for UFPL where you get January transfers.

Have considered:
Manchester United forwards/mids but difficult to choose who'll be consistently involved/playing.

Rooney is the only one who will play pretty much every game

You could take a shot at Ozil? Returning from injury early in the year and with Sanchez Walcott and Welbeck (ie pace) around him he could be getting loads of assists.
Original post by Prandtl

Have considered:

You could go for Sterling, rarely injured and should rack up plenty of assists with Sturridge back. He's fairly cheap as well at 8.3m. The only United player worth getting is Rooney. Everyone else is too injury prone or at risk of rotation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prandtl
Either top 3 or top 6 from each league on tonights halfway placings.

ooo that would make my group A battle quite dramatic!

Currently I am in 4th, playing the 3rd place team.. we are 1pt apart in the league, and have 33pts this game week each..

I have taylor left, plus 1pt for a sub coming on, and he has siggy left..
Elaborate?

Baines attacking /central midfield. Baines always comes good, but in midfield he's FPL gold. Defenders offer the best value in the game, and Baines is always top 3 overall for defenders.

He'll always have at least one midfielder sitting behind him, generally two as Barry seems to somehow be undroppable with Martinez. I'd definitely keep him if I owned him - and another game in midfield vs. Hull and I'd rush to buy him (especially with all the money floating about until Aguero returns).
Baines attacking /central midfield. Baines always comes good, but in midfield he's FPL gold. Defenders offer the best value in the game, and Baines is always top 3 overall for defenders.

He'll always have at least one midfielder sitting behind him, generally two as Barry seems to somehow be undroppable with Martinez. I'd definitely keep him if I owned him - and another game in midfield vs. Hull and I'd rush to buy him (especially with all the money floating about until Aguero returns).

Yes, but all that assumes Everton perform like they have the last few seasons. They have been well under par this season. Not as many clean sheets, Mirallas now first choice for FKs/corners, Lukaku under performing who is their main target man for wingers/wingbacks. Both his defensive and attacking potential has taken a massive dent since November.
Yes, but all that assumes Everton perform like they have the last few seasons. They have been well under par this season. Not as many clean sheets, Mirallas now first choice for FKs/corners, Lukaku under performing who is their main target man for wingers/wingbacks. Both his defensive and attacking potential has taken a massive dent since November.

I'll be back in a few weeks :wink:

I hope Toure over Silva is going well for people. And Ramsey over Sanchez.

Quick Reply

Latest