The Student Room Group

I'm 21, never drank alcohol.

I'm 21 (a guy) and I've never drank alcohol.

Is this weird?

I've tried a sip of something once but never really liked the taste. So many people moan that they've got such a bad hangover after drinking loads and moaning they've got no money in the bank... is there any point to drinking?

Surely you can have a good time without it? You don't need to be drunk to have a laugh :smile:

Scroll to see replies

i know you're craving a pat in the back

give yourself a pat in the back
I don't need alcohol to have a good night, of course. But I like it. You don't like it, which is equally acceptable. It's not weird, plenty of people don't like drinking. S'all good.
Well done! That's really good that you have the will power to do that! :smile:
MDMA is better
Original post by underestimate

it hasn't taken any willpower at all. is is no achievement. OP just didn't like it.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I don't need alcohol to have a good night, of course. But I like it. You don't like it, which is equally acceptable. It's not weird, plenty of people don't like drinking. S'all good.

Original post by underestimate

It's because people keep going on at me like "why don't you drink?". I don't really like it!! I went out for a meal with some friends from college recently and they were asking if I wanted a drink. I just had a coke but they said "if he doesn't want any alcohol, he doesn't want any". It seemed mature and nothing else was said and we all had a good time. Whereas other people would basically continuously beg me to have one! Gets annoying!
Original post by 2scotty
I'm 21 (a guy) and I've never drank alcohol.

Is this weird?

I've tried a sip of something once but never really liked the taste. So many people moan that they've got such a bad hangover after drinking loads and moaning they've got no money in the bank... is there any point to drinking?

Surely you can have a good time without it? You don't need to be drunk to have a laugh :smile:

Good for you. It is much healthier to avoid alcohol. If you are able to relax and enjoy yourself without artificial stimulants then go for it.
Mate you're missing out!

Honestly alcohol is great
Reply 9
A lot of people don't drink. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally I love the taste of beer, and would drink 2 litres everyday if it didn't intoxicate me. In moderation drinking is pretty healthy.
Good for you OP :smile:
I'm 19 and have never drank either. Didn't like the taste when I had a sip and the smell of most disgust me
Never drank alcohol either. I think

(though I once did drink something from a Pepsi bottle thinking it was Pepsi, it tasted disgusting, turned out it was root beer :yucky:)
I've never drank and don't intend to ever drink...its not so uncommon for it to be called weird, plenty of people don't like alcohol for whatever reason.
wot

STOP THIS SORCERY YOU JUST OVERCAME LIFES BIGGEST TEMPTatION WOAH

One day you'll have half a beer and get absolutely lashed and maybe end up in a+e send help
Reply 14
Do you want your medal by 1st class post or do you mind if I put it in 2nd?
Alcohol, because no great story ever started with a salad.
Did you go to university? It is difficult for me to imagine someone going through university without having any alcohol.
boring
Reply 18
Alcohol is overrated but I still love it still

Original post by bertstare
MDMA is better

Yo bro you got any sniff bro? :nosebleed:
Original post by Swanbow
In moderation drinking is pretty healthy.

Lol, please. Do you know anything about alcohol?

Quick Reply

Latest