The Student Room Group

Classical Music Anyone...?

Where are all the classical music fans? Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Satie, and Liszt are my favorites!!!

Does anyone like to play any songs by these composers?
Beethoven and Satie are very emotional to play and I am dying to be able to play a Liszt song someday but his piano music is insane! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Debussy~Au Claire de Lune
Beethoven~Emperor's Piano concerto, mvt 2.
Best piano music ever.
Original post by TardigradeFan
Debussy~Au Claire de Lune
Beethoven~Emperor's Piano concerto, mvt 2.
Best piano music ever.

I LOVE the first one! Great song to play! I have never heard the second one so I will definitely listen to it ASAP!
My taste is a bit of Eminem.
Enjoy. It is music of heaven. What's your favourite Beethoven symphony? 6th (Pastoral) is gorgeous.
Symphony No. 5 is my favorite symphony. I was working on part of it when my piano teacher died.... so yeah... Haven't worked on it since. Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise are two Beethoven pieces that I have worked on and my middle name comes from Fur Elise so those two are my faves.
Enjoy. It is music of heaven. What's your favourite Beethoven symphony? 6th (Pastoral) is gorgeous.

Ahh I've played this symphony, it is really beautiful :smile:
Reply 8
Big up Haydn
My condolences. I play oboe by the way, completely incompetent at piano. I can't say I'm a fan of Chopin; Raindrop Prelude for GCSE anthology drove me insane. Don't like Liszt. Am I the only person who hates Schubert?
Soooo goooood! What instrument/s do you play?
I also really like Shrovetide Fair from Petrushka by Stravinsky as well as Jupiter from The Planets by Holst and Prelude from The Yellow River Piano Concerto. :smile:
No! He just doesn't write memorable melodies!

Edit: Haydn that is
Soooo goooood! What instrument/s do you play?

Piano since I was a little kid, flute since 7th grade band (12 years old), and I bought an alto sax for my birthday, taught myself how to play, and now play in one of the other bands at my school. Next semester I have three hours of band in a row. Jazz band: piano Symphonic:Flute Concert:Alto. And believe it or not, I really wasn't that good at tone quality on flute until I picked up sax and now I sound so much better. I would like to learn oboe, cello, and guitar as well. And no, I'm not going to study music in university. :wink:
Original post by MarchingBand2015
Where are all the classical music fans? Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Satie, and Liszt are my favorites!!!

Does anyone like to play any songs by these composers?
Beethoven and Satie are very emotional to play and I am dying to be able to play a Liszt song someday but his piano music is insane! :smile:

Wellllllll
Für Elise is the bomb.com
Four Seasons by Vivaldi- The ' Spring' part is my favourite.
I also love Tchaikovsky. The guy is just AMAZING!
And Symphony No. 7 is just the awesomest piece ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flibber
I hate that particular Chopin piece as well- it's just boring. I think I'm the only one who loves Schoenberg 'Peripetie' and 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley.

As an avid Chopin fan, I don't care for that piece either! LOL. I was teaching myself how to play Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2 but kind of gave up on it to work on other pieces for church offertories.
Original post by flibber
Do you play the organ? (I don't, although my piano teacher does).

Nope. Haha I don't really care for it much except in some pieces of music or in certain occasions such as weddings. I've been asked if I'm going to major in music when I go to college and I'm just like, you would think... But I've been having strange wrist problems as of late so it probably would be ill-advised anyways. I'm always looking for piano solos that are really pretty but less well-known. I feel like a mediocre musician if I don't associate myself with other songs. LOL
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by melody19
Ahh I've played this symphony, it is really beautiful :smile:

I'm not great in remembering some of the larger works of music by name but I have definitely heard this symphony and it really is great!
Original post by flibber
Ah, ok.

Do you like Rachmaninoff?
EDIT:
What level are you at on the piano?

What level??? Um, I'm like advanced but I don't live in the UK so I don't like taken special courses in school for it... Though that would be pretty great if my school offered them.
And who doesn't like Rachmaninoff?
Since my piano teacher passed away, I just play whatever I feel like and/or have time to learn. I could definitely probably play nearly whatever I want but I just don't have the time to sit down and work something up. My teacher held me back from playing more advanced stuff and when I took her Fur Elise half-learned she was shocked. Haha. I wanted to take lessons at the local university but I was afraid they would make me play whatever they wanted me to and I kind of just like exploring music on my own. That way I can play stuff that fits my personality more and play it as my heart desires. That's the way music should be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Finlandia - Sibelius
Amazing piece, I've always wanted to play it in orchestra :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest