The Student Room Group

Im 22 and never been on a date

I am male, and gay. Ive never even kissed a guy, maybe I should go on The Undateables.
You should try Tinder first.
Reply 2
Ive tried most things, except that one, dont really want to try that one because that would be even worse for me
Original post by Anonymous
Ive tried most things, except that one, dont really want to try that one because that would be even worse for me

Lower your standards and learn to accept the flaws people have.
Just wait. The right one will turn up someday. Promise.
Original post by Applescruff

That only works for girls.
Reply 6
Original post by Occams‏ Chainsaw
Lower your standards and learn to accept the flaws people have.

No, I dont have a type or a certain look or person. I do accept, its them not accepting me.
Reply 7
Hey :smile:

Firstly, the most important thing is not to worry too much about it. There will be heaps of people in the same situation as you- be it down to confidence, personal circumstances or just not really having that much of a social circle. I know all of these have applied to me too at some point.

I'm 24 and gay, and I've only recently had my first ever date! But I decided this was the year a lot of things would change, and I've gradually become a bit more confident! Never had any friends where I live, or all through school etc, but have been lucky enough to make some amazing friends online and I've been lucky enough to meet up with quite a few of them several times now too! :biggrin:

I decided to go back to college this year (doing an access to higher education course), and have had conditional offers from all five of my universities for next year, which is pretty exciting and a completely different direction in life that I saw happening a year ago!

What I'm trying to say, is that it's absolutely amazing how much can change in such a short space of time, and I'm sure that soon your time will come and you'll find your special someone! In the meantime just try not to be too downhearted and blame yourself etc, sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for! :biggrin: Good luck! :smile:
If you want advice for a date not to try regardless of orientation - a mojive. It was a mixture of Motown and jive music, and it was supposed to be this big event, but there were like 5 of us there, including me and my date at the time, and the only song I liked was 'She Bangs' by Ricky Martin.
Original post by Applescruff

I'm sorry, no offence, but are you stupid or trolling?

OP all I can tell you is get to work, in the same way as you would get to be working on your assignment, on your internship or on building your house.

Pull yourself together and just start dating. Noone is going to do it for you, you know.
I've been in a relationship for almost three years and kind of never been on a real date either
Original post by Technetium
It's like Tinder but for gay and bisexual men.

You'd never guess that judging by the number of profiles on there describing themselves as straight. :rolleyes:
Original post by i.am.lost
You'd never guess that judging by the number of profiles on there describing themselves as straight. :rolleyes:

Ikr! One of my friends gets straight guys hitting on him on Gindr and they be like:
"I'm not gay but if I was would you fxck me?"

:rolleyes:
Reply 13
A friend made a grindr account and hooked up within an hour. Kinda crazy.

That said, I don't think that's a good way to have your first kiss.
Oh my goodness.... why people keep recommending Grindr is beyond me; it's a way to hookup for casual sex and not for anyone looking to form any lasting relationships. Have you tried going to a gay club? I've made loads of gay and queer friends from doing that and it can be a great basis from which to establish who you might want to ask out.
Get Grindr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending