The Student Room Group

Classical Music Anyone...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruptured Sack
Do you know Cavatina by Stanley Myers?

Never heard of it.
Original post by MarchingBand2015
Never heard of it.

[video="youtube;xAAiYMgFcbw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAAiYMgFcbw[/video]
Original post by flibber
Emotionally, I think Mozart does okay (compared to Bach) but I agree with you when you say his music is for the aristocracy.Do you know the film Amadeus?

No, I have not. I believe I've watched a film about Beethoven.... I think. :biggrin: It's been a while.
[video="youtube;xAAiYMgFcbw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAAiYMgFcbw[/video]

Just listened to it on Spotify. Haha. It made me get all up in my feels. I don't usually listen to classical guitar but one of my friends is a classical guitar major at one of the best music schools in America.
Just listened to it on Spotify. Haha. It made me get all up in my feels. I don't usually listen to classical guitar but one of my friends is a classical guitar major at one of the best music schools in America.

I can play it on classical guitar :smile:
I can play it on classical guitar :smile:

Awesome! Is it a hard piece?
Where are all the classical music fans? Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Satie, and Liszt are my favorites!!!

Does anyone like to play any songs by these composers?
Beethoven and Satie are very emotional to play and I am dying to be able to play a Liszt song someday but his piano music is insane! :smile:

I love Tchaikovsky, more to dance to than play though!! Love all the composers who also wrote for the ballets: Delibes, Mendelssohn Tec
Also can't beat a good bit of Handel :smile: particularly love arrival of the queen of Sheba
What do you guys think of einaudi? I personally love his music, would I be correct in classing him as classical?
Original post by flibber
I haven't played Beethoven for months. I think I've exhausted this topic for now, unless I happen to derail this thread again :tongue:.

I kind of feel bad for the people who come to read this thread about music and then find themselves in a discussion about American politics. :biggrin:
Awesome! Is it a hard piece?

Lost of complex chords but apart from the not too bad. I'd say intermediate level
Original post by elmothedancer
I love Tchaikovsky, more to dance to than play though!! Love all the composers who also wrote for the ballets: Delibes, Mendelssohn Tec
Also can't beat a good bit of Handel :smile: particularly love arrival of the queen of Sheba
What do you guys think of einaudi? I personally love his music, would I be correct in classing him as classical?

Einaudi is amazing! Yes, I believe he is a modern classical composer. And the arrival of the queen of sheba is amazing! I have a record of Handel being performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and it is heavenly!!!
Lost of complex chords but apart from the not too bad. I'd say intermediate level

Ok. Do you study classical guitar in school?
Ok. Do you study classical guitar in school?

Yes
Original post by flibber
Nah, it was my fault, although I admit I enjoyed the discussion.
I was tempted to ask an ordinary American about her views on 2016 due to all the hype about Hillary.

I'll give you rep as compensation for my lengthy digression.

Oh Hillary.... Hahaha. I HIGHLY doubt she will be the next president. Even though I'd love to see a female president, I don't want her. And thanks for the rep!
Yes

That's cool! Are you in university or what?
That's cool! Are you in university or what?

Yes but not music :smile:
oh. ok. Yeah I'm not going to get a music degree either. Mainly due to the fact that the only thing I'd want to do would be to teach music and i don't even really want to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest