The Student Room Group

AQA Buss 1 2015 exam technique

I have a trial coming up for this exam in January. Honestly I think I know pretty much everything there is to know about Buss 1 aside from the long answer questions technique. If someone could help me out/share tips that would be great. Thanks.
Original post by likeaMoss123
I have a trial coming up for this exam in January. Honestly I think I know pretty much everything there is to know about Buss 1 aside from the long answer questions technique. If someone could help me out/share tips that would be great. Thanks.

Just moved this to a more appropriate section so you hopefully get some replies :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
Just moved this to a more appropriate section so you hopefully get some replies :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So for the longer questions, you have to:

Write a definition that describes the key term in the question
Write two paragraphs that considers both sides of the argument - use information from the case study, link separate pieces of information together, state the affects on the business and always stay in context!

Then, on the "evaluate" questions, you have to write an evaluation at the end, giving your own opinion as to whether you agree/disagree with the statement or what aspect you believe is most important. Here, you need to make a judgement AND a justification whilst still staying in context.

I hope this helps!
Reply 4
how do you know when you need to put a conclusion ? for which questions... e.g Evaluate.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Bsc123
how do you know when you need to put a conclusion ? for which questions... e.g Evaluate.

Thank you :smile:

If the question says something like analyse then no evaluation neeeee but look at number of marks available , if it's somewhere like 8 marks then no evaluation as it would be worth 5 marks extra so valuation questions tend to be 13 -15 marks

Quick Reply