The Student Room Group

Both my parents make well over £200k, yet there is NEVER food in the house.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Modern Casanova
Almost all apart from calling childline and reporting my parents.

I'm too worried about the consequences.

Well then you have to decide which is more worrying for you, the possible consequences or your family not eating.

Did you threaten your parents that you would report them if things didn't change?

I'm really just failing to believe you have tried all that and made it clear to them and they still haven't changed.
Original post by SophieSmall
Well then you have to decide which is more worrying for you, the possible consequences or your family not eating.

Did you threaten your parents that you would report them if things didn't change?

I'm really just failing to believe you have tried all that and made it clear to them and they still haven't changed.

They're stubborn, that's why. I've called them out many times, but nothing has been done.

I really don't care if you don't believe me, many of you don't ... This is my reality.

Threaten? You think threatening them is going to help my case?
They're stubborn, that's why. I've called them out many times, but nothing has been done.

I really don't care if you don't believe me, many of you don't ... This is my reality.

Threaten? You think threatening them is going to help my case?

Yes it may help, threaten them and say you will report them for child neglect if they don't feed their god damn children and then if they don't change for god sakes report them. What is more important your 8 year old sister eating or your mummy and daddy getting into a little bit of trouble? It is highly and I mean HIGHLY unlikely anyone would get put in care over this, they would just be monitored until things improve.
I've never stolen ... I do get the urge to get money for the food, but I know I'll get in serious trouble and it wouldn't get any better.

You're right: better to be the first child ever to die of starvation in front of an 80" plasmascreen.
Original post by Profesh
You're right: better to be the first child ever to die of starvation in front of an 80" plasmascreen.

Ohhhh haha. -2/10.
Ohhhh haha. -2/10.

...that you didn't build.
Original post by Profesh
...that you didn't build.

Comedy genius right here guys!!
Original post by Dalek1099
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=52523675&highlight=

"Last night I randomly bumped into my ex GF at my best friend's dad's party. I was waiting in line at a buffet table and she just tapped me on the shoulder and told me "What the hell are you doing here?". I didn't really know how to reply to that so I just said "Looks like we have some mutual friends then" and she giggled."

Last night was the 28th December so you have had a proper meal since Christmas Day.I call Troll.

Call me troll all you want. This was at a friends party, and this thread is about the fridge in my house ...
Comedy genius right here guys!!

Oh, don't: I owe it all to you.
What do your parents eat? Someone asked you this earlier but you ignored it.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
What do your parents eat? Someone asked you this earlier but you ignored it.

God knows ... My mum barely ever eats really, and if she does, they're minuscule portions.

My dad probably eats when he goes out for work, etc ...
x

Poor form from your parents. I'd go shopping myself tbh. Take a cab there and back if it's too far.
My dad probably eats when he goes out for work, etc ...

So he never eats at home? Where/when does he eat dinner every day?

You don't know when/where your dad eats (breakfast lunch or dinner...) and you say your mum 'barely ever eats'. Interesting.
This is so sad. Talk to a family member that you trust. Maybe they can come round and casually comment on the lack of food, starting a discussion with your parents about it. Ideally tell a GP, teacher etc but I see you don't want to get social services involved. My mother feeds me whilst earning about 9 grand a year so even if your parents were going through some financial crisis, they would still be able to feed their children
Also, do you think your parents are purposely trying to starve you? Say you found 50 quid on the floor and bought a whole load of food for your siblings, would they be angry?
I'm sure I've seen this exact thread before...
Original post by Law-Hopeful
So he never eats at home? Where/when does he eat dinner every day?

You don't know when/where your dad eats (breakfast lunch or dinner...) and you say your mum 'barely ever eats'. Interesting.

I've told you all you asked, Sherlock.
Original post by snailsareslimy
I'm sure I've seen this exact thread before...

You're about 2 pages late ...
Original post by baldwel
Also, do you think your parents are purposely trying to starve you? Say you found 50 quid on the floor and bought a whole load of food for your siblings, would they be angry?

No they wouldn't.
you need to be more specific about your parents wealth

-what do they work as
-under what company do they work for
-how much did their parents earn
-what did their parents work as
-what car does your dad drive

200k is just too vague!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending