The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Law-Hopeful
I haven't submitted any applications yet (nor have I started any), but I did work on my CV today. I've only really done legal work experience so I was wondering if it would still be relevant for me to mention this on my CV for banking SWs?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinolo
For those who did the first round interviews with morgan stanley, have you already heard from them?

I did my interview on 22th december.

Did mine on 19th Dec, still no word.
Original post by ProjectNr2
no, they dont belong on the cv as it would almost be impossible to keep it on one page then.
If banks are interested in them they will have a form to fill them in.

Original post by Anonynous
Nope, just have the degree name & hello again :smile:

Thanks for your responses!

and hello again :smile:
I haven't submitted any applications yet (nor have I started any), but I did work on my CV today. I've only really done legal work experience so I was wondering if it would still be relevant for me to mention this on my CV for banking SWs?

yes, any work experience helps. You should aim to submit your apps soon.

I study law and have legal work experience too. If it's in corporate like M&A or capital markets, I would say there are a lot of relevant skills and insights you could leverage when applying to banks. I included mine, any work experience helps which had already been pointed out :smile:
Original post by RobertJWild
yes, any work experience helps. You should aim to submit your apps soon.

Yeah I'll try and send some off in the next few weeks. What are the main firms with a late deadline? I think I have about a month for BAML and Barclays and RBS (although RBS are on a rolling basis).

Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
I study law and have legal work experience too. If it's in corporate like M&A or capital markets, I would say there are a lot of relevant skills and insights you could leverage when applying to banks. I included mine, any work experience helps which had already been pointed out :smile:

Thanks. Good luck with your apps :smile:
Yeah I'll try and send some off in the next few weeks. What are the main firms with a late deadline? I think I have about a month for BAML and Barclays and RBS (although RBS are on a rolling basis).

Just so you know, they're all on a rolling basis, with BAML already giving out offers, RBS and Barclays probably aren't too far behind either.

Thanks. Good luck with your apps :smile:

You have a few days to apply for Goldman Sachs, 4 Jan is the deadline I believe. Not too sure about the rest!
Original post by MathsNerd1
Just so you know, they're all on a rolling basis, with BAML already giving out offers, RBS and Barclays probably aren't too far behind either.

Well, that's not good :tongue: Any firms that don't give offers on a rolling basis?
Well, that's not good :tongue: Any firms that don't give offers on a rolling basis?

JPM, Rothschild, BNPP and GS but all but GS have passed their dead lines and GS is very soon, like mentioned above.
JPM, Rothschild, BNPP and GS but all but GS have passed their dead lines and GS is very soon, like mentioned above.

Do you have any more good news for me? :tongue:

Thanks though, looks like I'll just have to hope that RBS and Barclays have kept a few places for late applicants.

Thanks though, looks like I'll just have to hope that RBS and Barclays have kept a few places for late applicants.

both havent done many ints at all, apply asap though!
Original post by mikiu15
Yeah I got an email on the 2nd of Dec saying I passed the test and that my application is under review. However I haven't gotten anything since.

ah dw then bro just chill and wait for an int fingers crossed :smile:

Are you interested in pursuing IB or are you more interested in the training contract route?

Only asking out of curiosity as a fellow lawyer!

Erm not really, however a lot of people still manage to get summer internships without having a spring week, so it's not that bad if you don't get one.
Original post by Unsworth
Are you interested in pursuing IB or are you more interested in the training contract route?

Only asking out of curiosity as a fellow lawyer!

I'm not sure yet, which is why I think I really need some work exp in both in my first year.

Erm not really, however a lot of people still manage to get summer internships without having a spring week, so it's not that bad if you don't get one.

Do most banks that do spring weeks also do summer internships (for first years)?

Do most banks that do spring weeks also do summer internships (for first years)?

I don't think so, summer internships tend to be reserved for students in their penultimate year. If you do a bit of looking around you might be able to find things I haven't though.
I'm not sure yet, which is why I think I really need some work exp in both in my first year.

Ah okay, fair. There's quite a few first year programmes and vacation schemes for law students open now and opening in January too if you weren't already aware.
Original post by Unsworth
Ah okay, fair. There's quite a few first year programmes and vacation schemes for law students open now and opening in January too if you weren't already aware.

Yeah I think CC's Springboard Scheme closes on the 5th Jan so I've probably left that too late too. Do you know if the law ones tend to be done on a rolling basis too?

How about you, are you planning on applying to some of both too?
Yeah I think CC's Springboard Scheme closes on the 5th Jan so I've probably left that too late too. Do you know if the law ones tend to be done on a rolling basis too?

How about you, are you planning on applying to some of both too?

Nope interviews for that aren't being sent out until January 7th, so you should apply as it isn't done on a rolling basis! It varies, but all of the first year programmes tend not to be rolling, however a lot of vac schemes in second year do, so you should be fine this year applying late.

I'm set on law (corporate) and I was going to apply for spring weeks but there are now so many first year programmes at law firms to get on that it seemed pointless not focussing all my efforts on those. Have still applied to Goldman anyway as there were no tests involved and the application process was short/simple.

Latest

Trending

Trending