The Student Room Group

Are there any nice guys out there?

I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys? :frown:

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by riawilkinson
I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys? :frown:

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To make a massive generalisation, nice guys tend to be the quieter ones and/or the ones without massive social lives (that's not to say they don't have any, just not massive ones) and tend to hang around in their group of other nice guys.

You're just looking in the wrong places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You will find nice guys in the library.
Reply 3
It seems to me that all of the girls who say 'are there any nice guys out there' are just attention seeking, and don't actually mean about 'nice' guys, they mean 'perfect' guys, even though they well know that they will pick another cockhead.

Yes OP, there are 'nice guys' out there, same as there are 'nice girls' out there. Although it seems people who label themselves as 'nice' are anything but.
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences that you have gone through but there's plenty of genuinely nice guys out there. You just have to look for them! :smile:
Yeh there are loads of nice guys out there. Perhaps your just looking in the wrong place or go out with the wrong guys?

I very often see my friends date people they know do these things and act surprised when it happens to them. I know someone who started dating a guy who is known for cheating...and guess what? He cheated.

If a guy is known for bad things, do not go for them. Nice guys are everywhere. They may be quieter or less confident or less good looking or just different but they are there.
Obviously there are, stupid question. The men in your world aren't all the men in the world. Beware of self-entitled "nice guys" though.
Reply 7
I was in a relationship for 3 years and was constantly lied to. My dad cheated on my mum a few times. I've been cheated on before...just makes me trust no one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by will2348
To make a massive generalisation, nice guys tend to be the quieter ones and/or the ones without massive social lives (that's not to say they don't have any, just not massive ones) and tend to hang around in their group of other nice guys.

You're just looking in the wrong places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So pretty hard to find then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Arkasia
It seems to me that all of the girls who say 'are there any nice guys out there' are just attention seeking, and don't actually mean about 'nice' guys, they mean 'perfect' guys, even though they well know that they will pick another cockhead.

Yes OP, there are 'nice guys' out there, same as there are 'nice girls' out there. Although it seems people who label themselves as 'nice' are anything but.

I'm definitely not attention seeking...obviously I need to be attracted to them physically and they need a decent personality. But otherwise 'nice' is definitely what I'm looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm definitely not attention seeking...obviously I need to be attracted to them physically and they need a decent personality. But otherwise 'nice' is definitely what I'm looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So how would you feel if a guy was slightly cheeky and funny but was always a gentlemen around you and your family and friends.He has good manners such as being polite:colondollar:.
Original post by 061194
So how would you feel if a guy was slightly cheeky and funny but was always a gentlemen around you and your family and friends.He has good manners such as being polite:colondollar:.

Haha physical appearance plays a part too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So pretty hard to find then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Easy to find in the right places but otherwise hard to find.

They tend to be guys that are quiet, may not have a lot of confidence and just hang out in their guy group but if you ever actually got to know them/hung out with them, you'd see they're actually very good 'boyfriend' material but they're very unlikely to initiate, even if they like you.

You are probably in the wrong social circles if you see what I mean which will lead to perpetual dating of the wrong type of person. It's unlikely but not impossible that it may just be prevalent in your school and there are no 'nice' guys.

Now I'm older I have a massive range of different social circles and you definitely see differences from one to another. Some group of friends just see it as acceptable and other groups would just be grateful to be with someone and would never dare treat someone wrong. It's a cultural thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They need a decent personality yet you seem to keep picking douchebags. That says more about your taste than it does the 'nice guys' you are crying out for. Would you date a 'nice' guy if he wasn't hot?
Reply 14
Haha physical appearance plays a part too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This happens to a lot of girls ,sometimes they are too picky they prefer a guy who is a "good guy" then they want something completely different and loose him and think they can do better and end up back in square one.Well each to their own I suppose. I thought you were after a nice guy?
There are plenty of nice guys, you've just had a bit of **** luck. Nobody can tell you where they are but they DO exist. Probably.
(edited 9 years ago)
A bit confusing. You want a nice and tall good looking guy but these guys will surely be getting with loads of other girls which means they're not nice guys anymore?
Original post by Arkasia
They need a decent personality yet you seem to keep picking douchebags. That says more about your taste than it does the 'nice guys' you are crying out for. Would you date a 'nice' guy if he wasn't hot?

If I personally found him attractive then yes obviously...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by userna-me*
A bit confusing. You want a nice and tall good looking guy but these guys will surely be getting with loads of other girls which means they're not nice guys anymore?

I didn't say tall! I'm not tall so not so bothered about that. I want someone I'm attracted to e.g. people said they didn't find me ex attractive but I did...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by userna-me*

How does that not make them nice guys anymore?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending