The Student Room Group

Are there any nice guys out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by will2348
Easy to find in the right places but otherwise hard to find.

They tend to be guys that are quiet, may not have a lot of confidence and just hang out in their guy group but if you ever actually got to know them/hung out with them, you'd see they're actually very good 'boyfriend' material but they're very unlikely to initiate, even if they like you.

You are probably in the wrong social circles if you see what I mean which will lead to perpetual dating of the wrong type of person. It's unlikely but not impossible that it may just be prevalent in your school and there are no 'nice' guys.

Now I'm older I have a massive range of different social circles and you definitely see differences from one to another. Some group of friends just see it as acceptable and other groups would just be grateful to be with someone and would never dare treat someone wrong. It's a cultural thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm 20 and so I'm friends with people from different social groups. Quite friendly with the 'geeks' though they seem more fun than the typical 'guy'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions
lmao. Lovely.

OP there are plenty of nice guys, you've just had a bit of **** luck. Nobody can tell you where they are but they DO exist. Probably.

Haha well pass some my way if you know some!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by riawilkinson
Well I'm 20 and so I'm friends with people from different social groups. Quite friendly with the 'geeks' though they seem more fun than the typical 'guy'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you explore them further? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I'm 13 and never had a relationship cause there's no "nice guys" my age and at school.
I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys? :frown:

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by akshaylal
Pick me. There's something else that PM stands for as well... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear. Tbh OP, I swear most of the guys on TSR - or at least the ones I talk to, tend to be quire nice
:lol: the last time a girl called me "such a nice guy" in an endearing way, I manned up, became an ahole, and ****ed her. true story. girls are easy to figure out - they like aholes. be an ahole and you'll get girls. honestly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by will2348
Why don't you explore them further? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because the majority have girlfriends and the others I'm not attracted to haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys? :frown:

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by nice? You don't wanna get nice and cosy in the bed, do you? I'm just saying - if you think about it all male-female relations conduct around the idea of sexual power once they end up in bed.
Original post by The_Internet
Oh dear. Tbh OP, I swear most of the guys on TSR - or at least the ones I talk to, tend to be quire nice

I went on a date with someone I met online before and they tried to convince me that they'd killed someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
People keep telling me I'm a nice guy now and it drives me insane. I always wanted to be the bad guy. :frown:
IF you look in your friend zone, you'll see some of the poor warriors there those are the nice guys
I went on a date with someone I met online before and they tried to convince me that they'd killed someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wonderful. Dont use TSR then :biggrin:
Original post by William Pitt
What do you mean by nice? You don't wanna get nice and cosy in the bed, do you? I'm just saying - if you think about it all male-female relations conduct around the idea of sexual power once they end up in bed.

Not really sure what you mean. I just want someone I can feel comfortable with and actually trust. Other than that I don't understand your point...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IanDangerously
People keep telling me I'm a nice guy now and it drives me insane. I always wanted to be the bad guy. :frown:

Nope don't be the bad guy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm kinda known as the nice douchebag but yeah I guess I'm a nice guy as in I'm not a jerk to anyone unless they're a jerk to me or if it's a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippity.doodah
:lol: the last time a girl called me "such a nice guy" in an endearing way, I manned up, became an ahole, and ****ed her. true story. girls are easy to figure out - they like aholes. be an ahole and you'll get girls. honestly.
Nah, in general you still need to be nice, but also pretty confident & reasonably good looking :yes:
Original post by AG Singh
IF you look in your friend zone, you'll see some of the poor warriors there those are the nice guys

People have said that but I'm not attracted to them. And like I said those that I am are in a relationship...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Internet
Wonderful. Dont use TSR then :biggrin:

Haha well I'm not using it to meet new people...just to gain opinions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Multitalented me
Nah, in general you still need to be nice, but also pretty confident & reasonably good looking :yes:

maybe I've happened to have experiences with girls that liked douchebags? because I often insulted them pretty bluntly, but then again, I was still a bit of a sweatheart at certain occasions, but overall, I was still, deliberately, a bit of a dick, and it seemed to work a lot better than being a nice guy
Original post by zippity.doodah
maybe I've happened to have experiences with girls that liked douchebags? because I often insulted them pretty bluntly, but then again, I was still a bit of a sweatheart at certain occasions, but overall, I was still, deliberately, a bit of a dick, and it seemed to work a lot better than being a nice guy
What girls did you meet aha, the loud ones who mostly go to clubs? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending