The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
JPM, Rothschild, BNPP and GS but all but GS have passed their dead lines and GS is very soon, like mentioned above.

Isn't BNPPs deadline tomorrow?
Original post by Unsworth
Nope interviews for that aren't being sent out until January 7th, so you should apply as it isn't done on a rolling basis! It varies, but all of the first year programmes tend not to be rolling, however a lot of vac schemes in second year do, so you should be fine this year applying late.

I'm set on law (corporate) and I was going to apply for spring weeks but there are now so many first year programmes at law firms to get on that it seemed pointless not focussing all my efforts on those. Have still applied to Goldman anyway as there were no tests involved and the application process was short/simple.

Fair enough, how long would you say the GS app takes to complete? Do they phone/video interview or do you have to go to Canary Wharf for your interview?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Fair enough, how long would you say the GS app takes to complete? Do they phone/video interview or do you have to go to Canary Wharf for your interview?

Um took me around 90 minutes I'd say. It's just filling out all the usual things like grades and what not, uploading your CV and writing a 300 word motivational cover letter on why GS/why the division you are applying to.

Not sure what GS do. If you are referring to Clifford Chance then I think they told me you come up to their Canary Wharf office for the interviews.
Um took me around 90 minutes I'd say. It's just filling out all the usual things like grades and what not, uploading your CV and writing a 300 word motivational cover letter on why GS/why the division you are applying to.

Not sure what GS do. If you are referring to Clifford Chance then I think they told me you come up to their Canary Wharf office for the interviews.

That sounds easy enough, if a cover letter is the only thing I need to do I may give it a go, thanks.

Best of luck for your apps.
Nope interviews for that aren't being sent out until January 7th, so you should apply as it isn't done on a rolling basis! It varies, but all of the first year programmes tend not to be rolling, however a lot of vac schemes in second year do, so you should be fine this year applying late.

I'm set on law (corporate) and I was going to apply for spring weeks but there are now so many first year programmes at law firms to get on that it seemed pointless not focussing all my efforts on those. Have still applied to Goldman anyway as there were no tests involved and the application process was short/simple.

What division did you apply to at GS?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
What division did you apply to at GS?

IBD and Operations.
Is Durham a really target uni? All I know is that it ranks 6th in LinkedIn for investment banking.
Original post by Hody421
Is Durham a really target uni? All I know is that it ranks 6th in LinkedIn for investment banking.

What are the top 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the top 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE, Oxbridge, UCL/Warwick
Original post by Hody421
LSE, Oxbridge, UCL/Warwick

You forgot Imperial, which makes it Top 6.

And to answer your question, no. Durham's a 'semi-target', but its near the top of the list.
Original post by Hody421

No. It ranks on the upper end of the semi-targets however.

Targets: Oxbridge, LSE, ICL, Warwick, UCL
Original post by Anonynous
No. It ranks on the upper end of the semi-targets however.

Targets: Oxbridge, LSE, ICL, Warwick, UCL

Should I be worried about going to a semi-target?
Original post by Hody421

Nope.. just ensure you get onto these SW and summer internship schemes. You'll be fine if you stay on top of your grind. You're in a much stronger position than a non-target.
Original post by Hody421

Do you go to Durham?? I study Law there :smile:
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Do you go to Durham?? I study Law there :smile:

I am an offer holder there.

You can see my anxiety, at 2AM for an IB placement. Just stalking threads and individuals.

Thanks. Shocked to see UCL ahead of Cambridge.
Original post by Hody421
I am an offer holder there.

You can see my anxiety, at 2AM for an IB placement. Just stalking threads and individuals.

Durham has a great reputation and will stand you in good stead. To put things into perspective, here is the general order on semi targets.

After the G5:

Durham/Edinburgh/Nottingham/Bristol

Cass Business School (London)

York/Bath/St Andrews

King’s/Manchester

I study at Cass and hold a SW offer at a BB, here's my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali
Thanks. Shocked to see UCL ahead of Cambridge.

Try MBB consulting.
Original post by Anonynous
Durham has a great reputation and will stand you in good stead. To put things into perspective, here is the general order on semi targets.

After the G5:

Durham/Edinburgh/Nottingham/Bristol

Cass Business School (London)

York/Bath/St Andrews

King’s/Manchester

I study at Cass and hold a SW offer at a BB, here's my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali

Thanks, your profile looks really good. Were you just able to attain the insight days with your A level grades?

Latest

Trending

Trending