The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fudgecake22
Ahh..I see:smile: just do whatever you feel is best and achievable! But you need loads of experience/interpersonal skills/extra curricular activities under your belt and the reputation of yoyr uni just helps 2%. Well in my opinion, but definitely go for what you want! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get those figures?

I was actually considering Portsmouth for that. They literally help you with anything and their extra curriculum is fantastic.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
So what's your offer? Do you mind saying the subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer is BB and they can be from General studies, Business, English Literature or Sociology (all of which I'm sitting an exam for this academic year).
4 subjects to get 2 B's... If I don't manage it I deserve to be shot!
Original post by elmward1996
My offer is BB and they can be from General studies, Business, English Literature or Sociology (all of which I'm sitting an exam for this academic year).
4 subjects to get 2 B's... If I don't manage it I deserve to be shot!

Ahh..that's not bad! It's the ums marks that are a pain like what if I get 311 and miss my A grade!! How easy do you find general studies ? It's the easiest subject! And same I want to get shot if I don't get in:/ what subject was the A* in ?congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh..that's not bad! It's the ums marks that are a pain like what if I get 311 and miss my A grade!! How easy do you find general studies ? It's the easiest subject! And same I want to get shot if I don't get in:/ what subject was the A* in ?congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can see the exact marks on results day so if you firm them they're likely to be lenient on the grades anyway! Plenty of universities were lenient this year just gone😊 pretty easy, but I never finished one of the A2 papers, hence the poor grade! It was in PE so most of the universities don't want to take it yet but Liverpool did! And awh thank you, you'll be fine😊
Original post by SuperSah
I'm not too keen on it from what I see and hear. Attending an open day will be hard for me as well. I'm from London, and getting up there before 8:30am to find the place for 9:00am will be extremely difficult.

Waiting on my final response, which is York which I had an interview for. If York says yes, I'll forget about Liverpool. I still want to give it a chance, but we'll see.

It's not too bad really and I'm coming from East London/Essex area
You just need to be there for about 9:30/10 and there's a direct Virgin train (which I recommend highly) from Euston around 7am which is about 2hrs 15mins of comfort with wifi and power sockets (subject to a first class ticket or placement in standard class)
And once you get to Liverpool its literally down the road from the lime street station
It'll take you less than 5 mins in a cab (which the uni may provide on the day because they did on the open day and tbh they should give the actual offer holders the same or better) and abracadabra you're at the uni
Let's just hope it doesn't rain on your day
Oh Yh it only cost £30pp for a return ticket and that is very good in my opinion
And also if you have a couple hours spare have a look around Liverpool
I did and I loved it because it's similar to London but has its own individual twist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyboy007
It's not too bad really and I'm coming from East London/Essex area
You just need to be there for about 9:30/10 and there's a direct Virgin train (which I recommend highly) from Euston around 7am which is about 2hrs 15mins of comfort with wifi and power sockets (subject to a first class ticket or placement in standard class)
And once you get to Liverpool its literally down the road from the lime street station
It'll take you less than 5 mins in a cab (which the uni may provide on the day because they did on the open day and tbh they should give the actual offer holders the same or better) and abracadabra you're at the uni
Let's just hope it doesn't rain on your day
Oh Yh it only cost £30pp for a return ticket and that is very good in my opinion
And also if you have a couple hours spare have a look around Liverpool
I did and I loved it because it's similar to London but has its own individual twist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh virgin trains are really the best!! Such a bargain too!!:biggrin: when's your open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh virgin trains are really the best!! Such a bargain too!!:biggrin: when's your open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7th of Feb What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know when the applicant days are when you've received an offer?
You sign up to them yourself I got an offer for an LLB with criminology I picked 24th January someone on the thread earlier said they picked the 7th feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay I've got an offer for criminology aswell but I don't know how you apply for an applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You see I'm doing a law degree with criminology as a combined honous so critically speaking it's a law degree and they emailed me about it and then I registered I think you have to wait and get an email first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay then thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tobyaldo
Ah okay I've got an offer for criminology aswell but I don't know how you apply for an applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They say you should get the email within a few working days of the offer but I doubt you'll get anything before the 5th of Jan because they're on their Christmas break

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarteeliax
You sign up to them yourself I got an offer for an LLB with criminology I picked 24th January someone on the thread earlier said they picked the 7th feb

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm signed up for that date too, 24th January for law and criminology x
Awwwww omg really!!!!! X that's so exciting even though I don't know you it's still exciting that someone actually picked a law degree with criminology...don't know how I'm gonna get their x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never received such an email??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwwww omg really!!!!! X that's so exciting even though I don't know you it's still exciting that someone actually picked a law degree with criminology...don't know how I'm gonna get their x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha I know it's so exciting!! I reckon I'm getting a lift with my mum! X
Yeah I might get my dad to drop me off instead of getting a train or something from manchester & OMG imagine if we don't get the grades though? I'd actually cry...BTW you applied for accommodation get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't wait for September! So exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't wait for September! So exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sucks that we gotta get through sixth form first though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending