The Student Room Group

Ladies, what would you say makes a man damaged goods?

To go along with the corresponding thread "Guys what would you say makes a woman damaged goods???",

Ladies, what would you say makes a man damaged goods?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A man who got kicked hard in his crotch. Those goods would be damaged and unable to perform at optimal level in bed. :sadnod:
Original post by Groot
A man who got kicked hard in his crotch. Those goods would be damaged and unable to perform at optimal level in bed. :sadnod:

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be an interesting thread.
Alcohol/ drug addictions, serious mental disorders, bad temper, extremely insecure posessive ... Again probably signs of mental issues...
When they've already shown themself to be a 'player' - hard to change an opinion of a guy after he has gained that reputation.
Reply 6
Original post by Abbie :)
When they've already shown themself to be a 'player' - hard to change an opinion of a guy after he has gained that reputation.

You don't like players?
Reply 7
having a penis.
Reply 8
Original post by Groot

Someone give this girl a cookie, hilarious!:biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by seventhdemon
Alcohol/ drug addictions, serious mental disorders, bad temper, extremely insecure posessive ... Again probably signs of mental issues...

Really? How serious? Depression? Past self harm issues?
Original post by lent6
You don't like players?

Nope
Reply 11
I wouldn't go for a guy who:

- did drugs or is recovering from any kind of drug addiction
- slept with more than 10 girls (I'm a virgin, it would be too intimidating)
- has mental issues (depression and others)
- was married/has kids
- was in prison before/ has a shady CRB (I know it's hard to detect that but if I knew beforehand then I would reject that but ignorance is bliss)
- had an STI or STD

I think that's about it.
Kids. I'm not a big fan of children in general and the thought of having to play step-mommy to another woman's brood is enough for me to walk away from a relationship.
Reply 13
Original post by Abbie :)
Nope

Neither do I.
Reply 14
I would always say people can change. O have seen people change you can't hold someones past against them, in ten years or so they may have been a different person.

However, my last boyfriend told me he was in youth offenders for fighting when he was 17, and he was now 28, my own dad who is a policeman said ah give him a chance. He was also still a bit of a druggy he smoked weed but he was a nice guy who treated me well, and didn't smoke around me. We split eventually but stayed friends, except I know he is now waiting to be sentenced for gbh as he was coked up at a party and battered the **** out of someone.

Never judge or hold a past against them (unless its murder or wife beating or something along those lines) but maybe always be wary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Weighing in as a male here. Paranoia and abysmally low self-esteem.
I think that cheating, Going to jail for more than petty crime, having children or crazy exes still after them, severe addictions/out of control mental illness, being a bum, having problem, interfering parents/family members is too much for me to deal with. I've had to deal with these all at some stage.
Reply 17
Northern Accent is a deal breaker
Original post by Amy04
I would always say people can change. O have seen people change you can't hold someones past against them, in ten years or so they may have been a different person.

However, my last boyfriend told me he was in youth offenders for fighting when he was 17, and he was now 28, my own dad who is a policeman said ah give him a chance. He was also still a bit of a druggy he smoked weed but he was a nice guy who treated me well, and didn't smoke around me. We split eventually but stayed friends, except I know he is now waiting to be sentenced for gbh as he was coked up at a party and battered the **** out of someone.

Never judge or hold a past against them (unless its murder or wife beating or something along those lines) but maybe always be wary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I knew that a guy beat someone so badly to go to jail I would still stay farrrr away from them despite there being a chance for them to change. If he can do that to someone he's capable of doing that to me.. I find it really intimidating.
Original post by kodlak
Northern Accent is a deal breaker

:O how could you
Best accent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending