The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Be sweet, happened to my pal! Just get a caution!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The bouncer has done his job and put the fear of god into you. You shouldn't have used a fake ID:rolleyes: You won't have any action taken against you most likely
Reply 3
Original post by somemightsay888
The bouncer has done his job and put the fear of god into you. You shouldn't have used a fake ID:rolleyes: You won't have any action taken against you most likely
. Yeah but most people underage use fake idea(I am one of them).so it is a bit unfair to pin you out.
Reply 4
What help do you want? You broke the law and must deal with the consequences. If the police get involved then you should be getting help from your lawyer.
Reply 5
2003 The Licensing Act
If you do sell alcohol to an individual who is under 18 you could be prosecuted and fined and your licence to sell alcohol could be at risk.

ALLOWING THE SALE OF ALCOHOL TO CHILDREN
A person commits an offence if he sells alcohol to an individual under 18.
A person found guilty of an offence could receive a fine of up to £5,000.

A person who works at premises in a capacity that authorises them to prevent the sale of alcohol to an individual under 18 commits an offence if they knowingly allow the sale of alcohol to take place.
A person found guilty of an offence could receive a fine of up to £5,000.

Members of staff should be advised that they themselves might be personally liable if they sell to young persons in breach of the legal requirements.

PERSISTENTLY SELLING ALCOHOL TO CHILDREN
A person found guilty of an offence can be given a fine of up to £20,000.

They are only protecting themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
So you see no problem in a business potentially losing it's alcohol license and closing down, because you're a selfish little fool?

You don't deserve jail, just a good slap.
Reply 7
You will almost definitely not go to jail, and if you do I am seriously questioning this countries justice system. They will likely give you a slap on the wrists and try and scare you about repeating this in future and leave it there, but if not maybe a small fine, a caution or something similar. However, what form of ID is it? Does it have your address? Is it essential that you get it back? If not, you could leave it at the police station?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Chances are you are not going to get any further punishment - the bouncer cannot give your fake ID back incase you attempt to purchase alcohol elsewhere. You will just get a lecture and leave.

Original post by Gadlad
. Yeah but most people underage use fake idea(I am one of them).so it is a bit unfair to pin you out.

I didn't use a fake ID underage, I waited until I was legal. Yes I did drink at home and at parties but that is a different kettle of fish altogether. As somebody who works behind a bar I am glad bouncers are doing their jobs properly - I could receive a massive fine for serving somebody under 18 years old and lose any alcohol license I have. You broke the law, ofcourse it is fair to get it pinned on you, you were just unluckier than many others who do not get caught.
Reply 9
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/17/section/149

In reality though the police will give you a stern warning at the very least, and at most give you a caution. Best you can do is play dumb.
Cheers guys, i rang up the police and it turns out it just gets destroyed and i order a new one and thats the end of it. Nothing big. Obviously trying to scare me (that worked). And i don't see myself as selfish. Im sure if it were you and your best friend was having birthday drinks you wouldn't want to miss out. I didnt realise the consequences for the pub at the time! Both my brothers used to do it and thought i could to! Obviously not. Thanks for your reply's though.
Original post by Alexalex1503
Cheers guys, i rang up the police and it turns out it just gets destroyed and i order a new one and thats the end of it. Nothing big. Obviously trying to scare me (that worked). And i don't see myself as selfish. Im sure if it were you and your best friend was having birthday drinks you wouldn't want to miss out. I didnt realise the consequences for the pub at the time! Both my brothers used to do it and thought i could to! Obviously not. Thanks for your reply's though.

"Order a new one"?! After what just happened? Some people never learn, do they.
Reply 12
Being a man of experience,you will be fine!it happens all the time.just don't do to that same place for a while.some people on this thread need to calm down a bit.bouncers are supposed to scare ya!
Original post by Schmeckel
"Order a new one"?! After what just happened? Some people never learn, do they.

Order a new real driving licence!! Not a fake one! Hence why the police told me to order a new one.

Latest

Trending

Trending