The Student Room Group

But first, let me take a selfie.

Selfie. A phenomenon that has taken over the world. What do you guys think about the whole selfie thing. Which friend do you have that is obsessed with it.
I don't understand why the world is acting like it's a new thing. Everyone was doing them on Myspace seven years ago. It's just a bit of fun really, obviously there are people who massively overdo it but occasionally if I'm going out and am happy with the way I've done my hair or make up I will take a photo of myself, more often I'll take one with friends if we want to get a photo and have nobody to take it. No big deal. Interestingly my phone's front camera setting is actually called "selfie".
Original post by fabulasmic
I don't understand why the world is acting like it's a new thing. Everyone was doing them on Myspace seven years ago. It's just a bit of fun really, obviously there are people who massively overdo it but occasionally if I'm going out and am happy with the way I've done my hair or make up I will take a photo of myself, more often I'll take one with friends if we want to get a photo and have nobody to take it. No big deal. Interestingly my phone's front camera setting is actually called "selfie".

This. MySpace was RIPE with 'selfies', I'd say it's not AS bad now as it was then. Likewise I take a pic of myself if I feel I look aight.
Reply 3
Original post by Ekemini
Selfie. A phenomenon that has taken over the world. What do you guys think about the whole selfie thing. Which friend do you have that is obsessed with it.

Phenomenon?

Taking photos of yourself, usually from an angle, is nothing new. I remember Myspace being flooded with such photos 10 years ago.
Reply 4
Selfie queen checkin' innn.

Everyone mires my selfies :sexface:

dnt rek :mmm:
Reply 5
Nothing makes me cringe more (apart from being thwacked in the balls), then seeing people stand for hours on end, trying to get the 'perfect' selfie.

Facebook pages crammed with photo after photo, of the same person at the same demented angle.

It's a disease.
Original post by fabulasmic

Ha, true. I remember when I was 15, I used to take the odd self portrait of myself by turning around my old school flip phone and trying to correctly guess the angle by looking into the tiny mirror until I got the photo. That, or I'd just take a picture of myself in the mirror. I'm thinking maybe it's different these days as most phones now have a function that allows you to much easily take a selfie without turning the phone around, cos the lens is on both sides, so therefore a lot more people are taking a lot more selfies than ever before.
Reply 7
People who do the duck face in selfies :puke:
Reply 9
Original post by Reue
Phenomenon?

Taking photos of yourself, usually from an angle, is nothing new. I remember Myspace being flooded with such photos 10 years ago.

I never had a Myspace. Wasn't really a social media person. never had a Facebook. Stared to notice selfies had taken over the world about two years ago.
Just another cringey word 13 year olds (and the odd 19 year old who still thinks its cool) use to describe taking pictures of themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest