The Student Room Group

I feel overwhelmed.

I'm trying to revise for my AS mocks but I feel so stupid. I don't know where to start and I feel like I don't know anything. I look through the topics and it seems like I've forgotten everything. Now I'm feeling like what's the point because I don't have the time to revise everything.
I felt like that about this time last year! It is a lot of information to take in but it is possible. What I am doing for my A2 mocks is blitzing through past papers. I find this really helps as you find out what you know and what you don't and then based on that look up the areas which you are unsure about. By looking up mark schemes you can find out what the examiners are looking for. I hope this helps you because I find it one of the best ways to revise
Original post by Lkathryn08
I felt like that about this time last year! It is a lot of information to take in but it is possible. What I am doing for my A2 mocks is blitzing through past papers. I find this really helps as you find out what you know and what you don't and then based on that look up the areas which you are unsure about. By looking up mark schemes you can find out what the examiners are looking for. I hope this helps you because I find it one of the best ways to revise

Thank you! I'm going to print of specifications and do some past papers. Would you advise to focus on past papers or finish making notes?
Reply 3
I wouldn't worry too much about it, i felt the same too last year. As long as you go through your notes, make sure you understand what you're learning and then practise some questions. Mocks are not the end you know! You still have loads of time till your final exams, just use your mocks as a guide to see where you are and how much more work you need to do.
Original post by Fhus
I wouldn't worry too much about it, i felt the same too last year. As long as you go through your notes, make sure you understand what you're learning and then practise some questions. Mocks are not the end you know! You still have loads of time till your final exams, just use your mocks as a guide to see where you are and how much more work you need to do.

Thank you, that's reasurring! I'll try my best, of course, but really mocks are just for practise and seeing your strengths and weaknesses:smile:
Original post by fortunesfool
I'm trying to revise for my AS mocks but I feel so stupid. I don't know where to start and I feel like I don't know anything. I look through the topics and it seems like I've forgotten everything. Now I'm feeling like what's the point because I don't have the time to revise everything.

This is literally me, I am feeling so stressed!
Original post by GoldGhost
This is literally me, I am feeling so stressed!

How have you been revising so far?:confused:
How have you been revising so far?:confused:

I've just been doing my notes, and haven't done much so far. How are you doing so far?
Thank you! I'm going to print of specifications and do some past papers. Would you advise to focus on past papers or finish making notes?

Id make sure I've gone through all the content at least once before starting to look at past papers
As an A2 student also preparing for January mocks, what I've found helps me is making colourful posters/mindmaps/flashcards of the content alongside the specification and then moving on to practice questions and past papers.

Using the specification for each of your subjects will help to establish what you need to know and then using practice questions and past papers will help you to identify which are your strong and weak areas so you can then focus your revision further.

Hope this helps somewhat :smile:
Try not to panic and cram in loads of information at once. Just take it one step at a time. You may not have loads of time, but there are loads of techniques out there so you can do quick revision, for example you can carry flashcards around with you and go through them quickly when you have a spare 5 minutes.
Original post by smozsolution
As an A2 student also preparing for January mocks, what I've found helps me is making colourful posters/mindmaps/flashcards of the content alongside the specification and then moving on to practice questions and past papers.

Using the specification for each of your subjects will help to establish what you need to know and then using practice questions and past papers will help you to identify which are your strong and weak areas so you can then focus your revision further.

Hope this helps somewhat :smile:

Thank you, it has helped a lot!! x
Thank you, it has helped a lot!! x

I'm glad it has. Another tip, if you start to feel overwhelmed with the amount of content you have to revise then break it up into small chunks. For instance, I'm focusing on my F214 Biology flashcards today and I said I'll start off by doing the temperature control section of the communication and homoeostasis topic of the module. That way, you have small achievable goals as opposed to "I need to get all of this done!" :smile:
Original post by Tarte Tatin
Try not to panic and cram in loads of information at once. Just take it one step at a time. You may not have loads of time, but there are loads of techniques out there so you can do quick revision, for example you can carry flashcards around with you and go through them quickly when you have a spare 5 minutes.

Pretty much this.

Maybe try making notes or spider diagrams? Try to get your head around the information first before you attempt past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest