The Student Room Group

Edexcel Politics Unit 2 summer 2014 exam paper

heya! long time lurker on tsr, first time poster! really need some help. i need to knw what the edexcel may/june 2014 Politics unit 2 exam paper was. does anyone have a copy of it they can send me? or knw what the questions were? my college library doesnt have a copy and my teacher is useless, have kept asking him and he keeps forgetting to give it to me. would be really really grateful to whoever can help me with this :h::wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Heyy, the two 40 marker questiuons are:
1. To what extent have constitutional reforms introduced since 1997 made UK more democratic?
2. What are the functions of Parliament?

This is roughly how I remember them I think.
Do you know what the questions are for unit 1 and the source questions for unit 2?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
The constitution was a source based question. I think the above poster's question is correct, only it was 25 marks rather than 40. The 5 marks was like features of the constitution and the 10 marks asked about codified constitution.

The other source question was about the Prime Minister, I think they mentioned reshuffles and individual ministerial responsibility. I just can't remember too well cause I didn't do this question.

The 40 marks were about judges, but we didn't learn that so I didn't read it really. The question I did was something like "Parliament is not adequate in performing its functions. Discuss."

For Unit 1, I remember there was a question on referenda for 5/10 marks. And then something about the strengths of representative democracy in the UK for the 25 marks.

The 25 marks on pressure groups was about how they undermine democracy, I can't remember the 5/10 marks.

I didn't do the parties question but I think it was about factions between the parties. And again I didn't learn elections.

Sorry I couldn't remember it exactly but I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you sooo much! You're literally my life saver! This was soo helpful. I appreciate it so much that you took your time to tell us so much information! :smile: Very very helpful x
Thank you again!
Do you remember anything that was on elections? Nothing specific but just roughly what the question covered? Anything about FPTP?
Reply 6
Original post by farahfarouk
Do you remember anything that was on elections? Nothing specific but just roughly what the question covered? Anything about FPTP?

No problem, I'm glad to help! And we didn't cover elections so I didn't look at the question, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 40 marker I believe was to what extent has the judiciary come into conflict with government ministers
and to what extent to Parliament fulfil its functions

I don't remember the 40 marker being on constitutional reform at all!
We learned the entirety of the two papers if you need help
Oh wow! Did you the 2014 june paper?
Oh wow! Did you the 2014 june paper?

Yeah, it was such an unexpected question... It would of been fine if it was just the government in general over ideology but the knowledge of knowing certain ministers and cases proved harder
Oh okay.
Do you remember what the democracy and elections questions were?
Oh okay.
Do you remember what the democracy and elections questions were?

Not really if I'm honest, I only really remember one question which was explain the workings of 3 electoral systems.

However, we all planned 'to what extent is the UK a liberal democracy' and it didn't come up so it may do this year!!

I remember the parties questions were beautiful though, you should revise them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay thanks. It's cause my mocks are next week and knowing the questions will help me out a lot! haha. Plus, we only covered democracy and elections for Unit 1 so only questions on that will come up.
Do you remember what the source question on Constitution was for Unit 2?
I wouldn't just revise them two, I'm totally against teachers selectively teaching because it slims your chance just in case a beautiful question comes up. I was taught the entire paper and revised 3/4 options, the judiciary question was hard and the parliament one was easy... Big regret!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no it's cause we only covered democracy and elections for Unit 1 and Constitution and only functions of Parliament for Unit 2. So I'm pretty sure for Unit 1 there will be questions on democracy and elections, just need to know what they are haha
Reply 16
Original post by grx_
The constitution was a source based question. I think the above poster's question is correct, only it was 25 marks rather than 40. The 5 marks was like features of the constitution and the 10 marks asked about codified constitution.

The other source question was about the Prime Minister, I think they mentioned reshuffles and individual ministerial responsibility. I just can't remember too well cause I didn't do this question.

The 40 marks were about judges, but we didn't learn that so I didn't read it really. The question I did was something like "Parliament is not adequate in performing its functions. Discuss."

For Unit 1, I remember there was a question on referenda for 5/10 marks. And then something about the strengths of representative democracy in the UK for the 25 marks.

The 25 marks on pressure groups was about how they undermine democracy, I can't remember the 5/10 marks.

I didn't do the parties question but I think it was about factions between the parties. And again I didn't learn elections.

Sorry I couldn't remember it exactly but I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey do you remember the 10 mark question you answered for Unit 1?
Reply 17
Original post by James155
Hey do you remember the 10 mark question you answered for Unit 1?

On which topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I don't mind! Any! Preferably democracy!

Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by grx_
On which topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind! Any! Preferably democracy!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending