The Student Room Group

Warning - UCAS 15 January deadline

The 15 January UCAS deadline is fast approaching.

Every year the rush of last minute applications means the system slows, freezes or sometimes even crashes.

If you leave your application to the last minute - ie. 15 January itself - you are asking for panic/uncertainty/worry and the fear that your application might not have 'gone'.

PLEASE get organised - and aim to get your application fully completed and sent to UCAS at least a few days ahead of this deadline!

Scroll to see replies

Just adding that the process takes time from the school point of view as well. Don't turn up on the morning of the 15th and expect everyone to drop everything to make sure your form goes before 6 pm. Aim to have it ready on the first day of the new term or you risk it not going at all.
Bump

bump
(edited 9 years ago)
:smile:
again
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Just adding that the process takes time from the school point of view as well. Don't turn up on the morning of the 15th and expect everyone to drop everything to make sure your form goes before 6 pm. Aim to have it ready on the first day of the new term or you risk it not going at all.

what happened to the personal statement helper?
Reply 6
Original post by xxvine
what happened to the personal statement helper?

It's linked from the big blue box at the top of the forum page:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/personal_statement_builder/basic_information
Get it sent off before you go back to school if you can!
Yeah it dosent take much effort you sixth formers have it easy as it's all linked with the buzzword! As an external applicant I had to take the initiative and request a reference, but honestly it Dosent take long and isn't much effort so get it sent off and get some offers!
Reply 9
Original post by neal95
Yeah it dosent take much effort you sixth formers have it easy as it's all linked with the buzzword! As an external applicant I had to take the initiative and request a reference, but honestly it Dosent take long and isn't much effort so get it sent off and get some offers!

going to have my done by Monday 5th jan! I'm on a gap year but will be going to my old college on Monday to get it sent off±
bump.

Please dont leave it to the last minute!
Original post by xxvine
going to have my done by Monday 5th jan! I'm on a gap year but will be going to my old college on Monday to get it sent off±

Good at least you've got a date set! That's what I did and it was really nice to see my tutor as he was generally interested in seeing how I've been doing and what I'm applying for and wanted to give me a really positive reference. Where are you applying to?
Reply 12
Original post by neal95
Good at least you've got a date set! That's what I did and it was really nice to see my tutor as he was generally interested in seeing how I've been doing and what I'm applying for and wanted to give me a really positive reference. Where are you applying to?

When did you send yours off?

I am applying for Law, and I really want to got to SOAS. I will also apply for Queen Mary, Surrey and probably Kings.
Reply 13
Every year, someone posts that they missed the deadline. Don't let this happen to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
bumpity-bump
.. bump
Original post by sydneybridge
.. bump

I get what you're trying to do, but there's really no need for the constant bumping!
Reply 17
Original post by Slowbro93
I get what you're trying to do, but there's really no need for the constant bumping!

Especially when the forum has hardly moved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump
Reply 19
You really don't need to bump so much. We get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending