The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hody421
Thanks, your profile looks really good. Were you just able to attain the insight days with your A level grades?

Yes, at the time. Some required tests/CV/cover letters etc.. and the internship required interviews.
Original post by Anonynous
Yes, at the time. Some required tests/CV/cover letters etc.. and the internship required interviews.

Just wondering, why didn't you go to LSE or Cambridge. Did you just like the focus of the Cass degree more?
Durham has a great reputation and will stand you in good stead. To put things into perspective, here is the general order on semi targets.

After the G5:

Durham/Edinburgh/Nottingham/Bristol

Cass Business School (London)

York/Bath/St Andrews

King’s/Manchester

I study at Cass and hold a SW offer at a BB, here's my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali

You were at the SEO Barclays event right? You talked to a BarCap director in Rates trading, I was the bloke standing next to you xD
Original post by Hody421
I am an offer holder there.

You can see my anxiety, at 2AM for an IB placement. Just stalking threads and individuals.

Sweet, what college and subject? Don't worry there are plenty of places for good candidates.
Original post by Hody421
Just wondering, why didn't you go to LSE or Cambridge. Did you just like the focus of the Cass degree more?

Not much of a fan of academia, in all honesty. Enjoy the practical side to things, so I felt a combiation of the both would make a degree bearable. I didn't have plans of attending university to start with or even trying for a career in banking, so I was very ignorant as to what options I had.

I felt the degree at Cass suited my interests and the practicality of the content would prove useful. I initially applied to LSE accounting & finance but after looking at the content to find it was more situated to accounting I changed it. Not a fan of accounting, even though I have a few accounting modules here at Cass.

As for Cambridge, I probably wouldn't have been accepted, let alone be able to cope. I'm not the brightest kid in the world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Sweet, what college and subject? Don't worry there are plenty of places for good candidates.

BA pure Econ, I chose University College but likely to be pooled.
You were at the SEO Barclays event right? You talked to a BarCap director in Rates trading, I was the bloke standing next to you xD

Haha, yes! About the summer intern pranking antics :rolleyes: I remember you, how are you doing?
Haha, yes! About the summer intern pranking antics :rolleyes: I remember you, how are you doing?

I hate it when TSR does this!! It really is a small world, had a bit of internal crisis re focusing on corporate law or IB. Made my mind up but very late, just trying to knock out applications now while I still can. Just applied to GS.
I hate it when TSR does this!! It really is a small world, had a bit of internal crisis re focusing on corporate law or IB. Made my mind up but very late, just trying to knock out applications now while I still can. Just applied to GS.

Believe me. IB is a small world, connections are everything. Go for it!
Believe me. IB is a small world, connections are everything. Go for it!

African Brotha
Anyone got an interview for JPM Markets today?
Original post by JackoRead
Anyone got an interview for JPM Markets today?

you got one or what?
When did you apply?
Do you have to complete online tests for BAML spring week?
Original post by Lilou1211
Do you have to complete online tests for BAML spring week?

Yes. A numerical one.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yes. A numerical one.

Ok, thank you!
Have Barclays/UBS given out many interviews/offers yet?
Original post by Refrigerator

Not that I've heard of.
Barclays has just started interviewing.
UBS, nothing after online tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Refrigerator

I don't believe either have given out anything yet. Some people's online apps for Barclays mentioned telephone interviews.. a few pages back there was a clarification of what the case actually was.
Original post by The-Illusionist
Not that I've heard of.
Barclays has just started interviewing.
UBS, nothing after online tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JackR7821
I don't believe either have given out anything yet. Some people's online apps for Barclays mentioned telephone interviews.. a few pages back there was a clarification of what the case actually was.

Cool, so still worth applying then? I had a bit of an existential crisis a few weeks ago and decided I don't want to do banking so didn't bother sending many off but now I'm thinking that a spring week won't hurt regardless of what I want to do lol
Reply 3639
is the second stage for BAML an automatic thing ? it doesnt depend on your numerical result right?

Latest

Trending

Trending