The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by heavyhandscott
Ive just finished watching raw. Damn im so dissapointed theyre back, i was thinking actually that Cena could turn heel and bring them back but its just not a good decision

If they say next week's raw wll begin or involve something to do with WM31 I'd say Sting will debut on raw since the authority is back.

Sting's scheduled for six appearances in this current contract I've read, and the first of those was Survivor Series.

That leaves probably Mania, the go-home RAW before Mania, the RAW after Mania I guess and two others for WWE to play with.
Reply 21
Also, the Mizdow/Miz thing is set-up for the perfect implosion at Royal Rumble...

Miz gets eliminated. He then signals for Mizdow to throw himself over the rope to get himself eliminated, thus fulfilling his role as stunt double. Mizdow refuses. The pop is huge.
Original post by Mackay
Sting's scheduled for six appearances in this current contract I've read, and the first of those was Survivor Series.

That leaves probably Mania, the go-home RAW before Mania, the RAW after Mania I guess and two others for WWE to play with.

I dont think Mania should be the 6th. They shouldnt waste too much on the hype.

I seen all the hype last night for Rock V Cena WM28 and to be honest it was a good match but not that the hype once in a lifetime did.

So its good to keep the hype under control, for gods sake its Sting in WWE, aint that just awesome??
Reply 23
I dont think Mania should be the 6th. They shouldnt waste too much on the hype.

I seen all the hype last night for Rock V Cena WM28 and to be honest it was a good match but not that the hype once in a lifetime did.

So its good to keep the hype under control, for gods sake its Sting in WWE, aint that just awesome??

Rock-Cena at WM29 was way more annoying.

Yeah, agreed, though. Can't get enough of Stinger.
Original post by Mackay
Rock-Cena at WM29 was way more annoying.

Yeah, agreed, though. Can't get enough of Stinger.

How was it annoying? apart from its a rematch and Rock lost the championship haha.

What i dont like is Sting is near the age of Taker. We are talking about taker like hes some old cripple, whereas sting we just wanna see wrestle... Wont both be not as good as anticipated anyway?
Reply 25
How was it annoying? apart from its a rematch and Rock lost the championship haha.

Just a waste of a main event imo. Had been done before and it was solid enough so no need to repeat it, the outcome was obvious, wasn't a particularly great match, wanted Punk to headline Mania etc.
Original post by Mackay
Just a waste of a main event imo. Had been done before and it was solid enough so no need to repeat it, the outcome was obvious, wasn't a particularly great match, wanted Punk to headline Mania etc.

Ive just got into WWE so missed all the CM Punk hype.

Last time I was watching puk he had long hair and old music and ECW was around haha
WWE are always looking to do firsts when it comes to the MITB contract. So perhaps we'll see Rollins getting a regular title shot, then when he loses he immediately cashes it in in a rage.

If the champ gets 'injured', can someone cash it in? Say the champ is delivering a promo with a damaged leg and crutches, then the MITB holder comes out and challenges him. That would be another first, cashing in on an inactive wrestler. Hey maybe they should've done that with Rollins and Bryan, Rollins would've got so much heat.

EDIT: Watched the clip. How does Cena have the authority to bring back The Authority?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy

If the champ gets 'injured', can someone cash it in? Say the champ is delivering a promo with a damaged leg and crutches, then the MITB holder comes out and challenges him. That would be another first, cashing in on an inactive wrestler. Hey maybe they should've done that with Rollins and Bryan, Rollins would've got so much heat.

Bryan did it on Mark Henry on SmackDown a few years back but then Teddy Long rushed in and said hold on playa. He also said Henry hadn't been cleared to compete so the match didn't count.
Read a recap - lol - The Authority are back in quick time thanks to Cena. Poorly thought out as usual...
Reply 30

EDIT: Watched the clip. How does Cena have the authority to bring back The Authority?

Was a stipulation of the Survivor Series match. Only Cena had the authority to bring The Authority back to power.

Kind of figured they'd do it so The Authority offered him a match with Lesnar in return for their return to power. Didn't expect it to be so quick or poorly executed, though.
Reply 31
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Bryan did it on Mark Henry on SmackDown a few years back but then Teddy Long rushed in and said hold on playa. He also said Henry hadn't been cleared to compete so the match didn't count.

Surprised he didn't make a tag match tbh.
Original post by Mackay
Surprised he didn't make a tag match tbh.

I bet he instead booked Daniel Bryan in another match... right now, against... The Undertaker!

There was probably an over-the-top-rope battle royal too, because Teddy believes every problem is solved by an over-the-top-rope battle royal.
Reply 33
I bet he instead booked Daniel Bryan in another match... right now, against... The Undertaker!

There was probably an over-the-top-rope battle royal too, because Teddy believes every problem is solved by an over-the-top-rope battle royal.

Speaking of over-the-top battle royals, really hope the Andre the Giant Memorial doesn't become a regular WM thing.
Original post by Mackay
Speaking of over-the-top battle royals, really hope the Andre the Giant Memorial doesn't become a regular WM thing.

I like it tbh. We've missed that one match that's guaranteed to be entertaining since MITB became it's own PPV, and it gives someone a good rub.
Reply 35
Lesnar to UFC rumours seem to be gaining traction.
Going on one of those YouTube journeys, I came across a video WWE made a couple of months ago of 5 unknown 'rules' (or rather, 5 unusual occurrences that WWE randomly made a rule of to suit a situation, like 'you can pin a guy against a wall' because Big Show did once).

The final one was that the Rumble can be restarted with all 30 participants if the final two eliminate each other simultaneously, the only 'rule' that hadn't been implemented before.

Might be worth a bet for 2015, then. It can be done by having all 30 in the ring at once.
Going on one of those YouTube journeys, I came across a video WWE made a couple of months ago of 5 unknown 'rules' (or rather, 5 unusual occurrences that WWE randomly made a rule of to suit a situation, like 'you can pin a guy against a wall' because Big Show did once).

The final one was that the Rumble can be restarted with all 30 participants if the final two eliminate each other simultaneously, the only 'rule' that hadn't been implemented before.

Might be worth a bet for 2015, then. It can be done by having all 30 in the ring at once.

But its WWE, they wouldnt care when 2 are thrown at the same time unless its the final 2 because thats where the drama and controversy is.
Original post by Mackay
Was a stipulation of the Survivor Series match. Only Cena had the authority to bring The Authority back to power.

Kind of figured they'd do it so The Authority offered him a match with Lesnar in return for their return to power. Didn't expect it to be so quick or poorly executed, though.

It was badly done, like really bad. When he said it the crowd barely reacted.

Id expect them to go ape sh1t if it was Cena the good guy doing something nobody wants

But its WWE, they wouldnt care when 2 are thrown at the same time unless its the final 2 because thats where the drama and controversy is.

I don't know what you're trying to say. I said final two.

Quick Reply

Latest