The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Could be any? Piss easy like Maths and General Studies?

Scroll to see replies

theatre studies 0.0
Geography

As an a level
Reply 3
For some reason people in my school think Religion is a piss but it's not really.
Reply 4
Business Studies seems to be pretty straight-forward and easy. It doesn't really seem on par with the intensity of other humanities courses.
Reply 5
English Literature.

"The man was wearing a coat"

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

Author: It was ****ing raining so he wore a coat.
Reply 6
I heard with Economics you have to write one line for five marks. Most people in my school get an a in Economics...I wonder why...
Original post by longsightdon
theatre studies 0.0

As someone who does Drama & Theatre Studies, I personally find it harder than, for example, English Literature because of the sheer amount of work (and stress) it involves, but that's just my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by fudgecake22
Could be any? Piss easy like Maths and General Studies?

Weren't you complaining the other day how you were find A levels hard? btw Maths is not easy for most people.
Reply 9
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

THIS.
Except then English is very hard to get an A in, thanks to a-hole examiners.
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

No no, you have it all wrong.

Clearly the coat represents the burdens he carries with him every day. With each rain drop adding to its weight, he needs to discard it in order to be free.
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

True, unless you are studying someone like Angela Carter, where every rock is a author intended metaphor for something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

That's what makes it so fun though! I loved coming up with my own interpretations, no matter how obscure :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btecs are naturally easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

It actually annoys me because i'm more historical and want to know what they actually mean a lot of the time. Then these Lit professors and students invent the most bs interpretations based on one bit of text (ever heard of sample size...), It's frustrating.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
No no, you have it all wrong.

Clearly the coat represents the burdens he carries with him every day. With each rain drop adding to its weight, he needs to discard it in order to be free.

The coat is a symbol for protection; he wished he used some with his mother last night. Thought i'd drop some psychoanalysis (anyone noticed that before) in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BCMFM16
Weren't you complaining the other day how you were find A levels hard? btw Maths is not easy for most people.

Not maths. Maths is piss easy well for me).I said further maths was getting nasty!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're all so critical of applied science and business studies etc..but I completely disagree. Yes they may be more accessible than courses like maths or history but they're still challenging for people who choose to take them and still worth the 2 years of hard work and revision a person has to partake in to achieve a decent grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Aleveltimes
You're all so critical of applied science and business studies etc..but I completely disagree. Yes they may be more accessible than courses like maths or history but they're still challenging for people who choose to take them and still worth the 2 years of hard work and revision a person has to partake in to achieve a decent grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could give you more rep for this.
I used to think subjects like media studies and film studies were soft subjects, however I have friends who do these subjects and they're always moaning about the workload. Generally, anything with 'studies' on the end sounds easy, but it's not fair to say if you've never done it.
Reply 19
Original post by Aleveltimes

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one disputes that applied science and studying business is important, but in a formal setting? These are very practical disciplines.

Quick Reply

Latest