The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Scroll to see replies

Psychology is relatively easy compared to my other A-Levels

Original post by Yowa

The coat is a symbol for protection; he wished he used some with his mother last night. Thought i'd drop some psychoanalysis (anyone noticed that before) in.

Psychodynamic Psychology :lol:
Original post by Tarte Tatin
I used to think subjects like media studies and film studies were soft subjects, however I have friends who do these subjects and they're always moaning about the workload. Generally, anything with 'studies' on the end sounds easy, but it's not fair to say if you've never done it.

Everyone has different abilities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aleveltimes
You're all so critical of applied science and business studies etc..but I completely disagree. Yes they may be more accessible than courses like maths or history but they're still challenging for people who choose to take them and still worth the 2 years of hard work and revision a person has to partake in to achieve a decent grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Revision & Hardwork? :lol:

BTECs are completely coursework based, there aren't any exams so what revision are you talking about?

Everyone is my sixth form who does Applied Science and Business Studies are either out of their mind or genuinely dumb and thick and don't give a crap about their life
Noooo....why do top unis such as ucl/leeds/exeter accept them???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zhang-liao
Revision & Hardwork? :lol:

BTECs are completely coursework based, there aren't any exams so what revision are you talking about?

Everyone is my sixth form who does Applied Science and Business Studies are either out of their mind or genuinely dumb and thick and don't give a crap about their life

I'm talking about the revision for the applied science written exam which is part of the A Level (it's not a btec!) and I know for a fact that business studies is not a btec either and there are 4 exams with writing and essays believe it or not!

If people are so dumb and thick they wouldn't have a place at a sixth form to begin with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Geography

As an a level

Just out of curiosity, why? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Health and social care.. No idea why I wasted my time studying it for an alevel.
Italian and German are too simple according to ML students I speak to, Chemistry has too much content IMO ( I'm doing WJEC ) Oh yeah and I wouldn't say further maths is a joke, it's got lots of cool things in it and its mostly fun but Jesus FP2 man :frown: scarily hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WilJones138
Italian and German are too simple according to ML students I speak to, Chemistry has too much content IMO ( I'm do WJEC ) Oh yeah and I wouldn't say further maths is a joke, it's got lots of cool things in it and its mostly fun but Jesus FP2 man :frown: scarily hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's your first language yes! I said just maths is piss easy for me...but further maths I feel intimidated revising it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LamantChenille
Just out of curiosity, why? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just found the content was identical to GCSE, and I was writing rubbish essays but apparently full marks worthy. So I dropped it, and switched.
Original post by fudgecake22
If it's your first language yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the 2 ML students I know one lived in Italy for 5 years as a child and the other if half German, predicted A*'s and they say they don't need to revise because half the exam is like translate the sentence :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
History
I just found the content was identical to GCSE, and I was writing rubbish essays but apparently full marks worthy. So I dropped it, and switched.

Fair enough if that's what you found when you studied it. I feel like there is a lot more to cover than at GCSE personally and that there is a lot more depth. Though Geography is my love! I guess it could be to do with exam boards, I did the same for GCSE and A level; the two courses are meant to glow into each other so that may have helped?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgecake22
If it's your first language yes! I said just maths is piss easy for me...but further maths I feel intimidated revising it

Posted from TSR Mobile

FP1 is easy, S2 is piss, easier than S1 tbh, S3 is alright, M2 is easy, M3 is challenging, FP2 makes me want to kill myself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough if that's what you found when you studied it. I feel like there is a lot more to cover than at GCSE personally and that there is a lot more depth. Though Geography is my love! I guess it could be to do with exam boards, I did the same for GCSE and A level; the two courses are meant to glow into each other so that may have helped?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was same board for both. I do like it as a subject, just felt there was no challenge.
Media.
I was same board for both. I do like it as a subject, just felt there was no challenge.

Fair enough! What did you swap to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough! What did you swap to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology :facepalm:

Which was just rote learning :colonhash:

Should have done Economics. But no, Biology was best for me, but just the AS is sufficient :lol: dropped that **** asap
Original post by intelligent con
History

Politics is another piss easy...well the AS is baby work and A2 a bit complex

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG my twin sister keeps saying the same thing, she isnt really that smart (all Bs at GCSE) and she gets high Bs at AS and thinks the teacher is marking too nicely..damn wish i did it now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest