The Student Room Group

AirAsia flight missing??!???

Scroll to see replies

why hasnt he got any clothes on?

Mod edit: potentially distressing image in spoiler of dead body found in the water.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
GodAtum;52551653]why hasnt he got any clothes on?

See this narrative discussing MH17 over Ukraine:

"If the clothes are missing, usually that means that [the passenger] was probably either ejected from the plane or exposed to extreme wind blast going hundreds of miles an hour, falling out of the sky," said Diehl, who has worked as an investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the United States Air Force. "The effect of very high speed wind, or the slipstream, hitting the bodies can easily literally rip the clothing right off."

Diehl said that what happens to a passenger during a disaster like that of Flight 17, which was cruising at 33,000 feet when it was hit by a missile, is largely dependent on where the person was seated on the plane. "Your body could be stripped naked if you're thrown out through an opening, or your body could be relatively intact if you were in part of the aircraft that 'fluttered' down to the surface" because it was still connected to a wing or another part of the body of the aircraft. Though investigators don't yet know exactly how the Malaysia Airlines Boeing broke apart in the air, Diehl gave this example: "Let's say the fuselage's center wing section was still attached to one wing, it may have been twirling down at 120 miles per hour or something almost like a high-speed car crash so you might have very different amounts of destruction to the body."

Diehl did have one (very relatively) comforting thing to add: "The airplane most likely had a rapid decompression which, at those altitudes, would make you pass out." That, combined with "the G-forces of the airplane spinning around probably meant, mercifully, that most of these people weren't conscious on the way down."

Obviously discussion of this subject is very unpleasant and potentially distressing to some people, but the state of bodies give good clues to air accident investigators. Naked or semi clothed aircrash victims are often indicative of a structural break-up at altitude (eg Lockerbie PanAm 103).It goes without saying that a thorough forensic examination of all available wreckage and flight data recorders is essential to provide the definitive explanations.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MrJAKEE
So tell me how many flights over say, the whole world over the past couple of years have gone missing? Hardly any that I can recall of. And the region? The same one. There's definitely something wrong going on in that region.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really are a plonker........ also, stop acting like it's vanished and will be lost for ever.... as we can see, it's been found

Go find some other BS conspiracy theory please.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by arichmond64
You really are a plonker........ also, stop acting like it's vanished and will be lost for ever.... as we can see, it's been found

Go find some other BS conspiracy theory please.

While I admit some of what I said was all over the place (on the tech I was wrong!) I think it was unfair many thought I was solely referring to it blipping off the map. I do understand some parts I did jumble up (bad day) if you actually saw the other stuff I said I was talking about negligence, so I recommend you go look at that (along with saying that only time will tell). The tech was always a secondary point and never a primary.

I don't find negligence to be a BS conspiracy theory, baring in mind no one knew at the time while people were originally posting on what they thought had happened. And I'm sure some will agree with me whether or not they say it on here or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Noble.
When it first hit the news, my initial thoughts were essentially along the lines of my post on this thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3045661&page=4&p=52517477#post52517477

Obviously that relies on them actually trying to climb out of the storm. Apparently they didn't climb, although further down that page I link to a radar picture showing them climbing through FL363.

If it's true they didn't climb, I'd be inclined to agree with Schleigg that they flew straight through it and it turned out to be an exceptionally bad storm.

But I don't get why he (the Commander) would request for a higher flight level because a storm like that and an aircraft such as a 320, CB's can go to 550's.

Recent reports show that some bodies that were recovered had their life vests on, so they knew they were going down..
Reply 145
Sooo, a Chinese national on Reddit claimed that he predicted the crash of the plane thirteen days prior to the crash :O -http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2890215/Mysterious-Chinese-blogger-sparks-online-frenzy-predicting-black-hand-going-bring-AirAsia-jet-THIRTEEN-days-one-vanished.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GodAtum
why hasnt he got any clothes on?

Mod edit: potentially distressing image in spoiler of dead body found in the water.

Spoiler

Clothes get ripped off through rapid decompression of an air craft.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Clothes get ripped off through rapid decompression of an air craft.

Er, no they don't. Aircraft can lose cabin pressurisation for a number of reasons and by itself, just means that you have to obtain oxygen from emergency means (drop down masks!). If the de pressurisation is due to structural failure of the cabin, then passengers and crew will go from a calm, conditioned and comfortable atmosphere to a chaotic and very hostile environment (freezing, no oxygen, hurricane force winds) in the space of seconds. That is why clothes are ripped off.
Original post by Ikaruss
Er, no they don't. Aircraft can lose cabin pressurisation for a number of reasons and by itself, just means that you have to obtain oxygen from emergency means (drop down masks!). If the de pressurisation is due to structural failure of the cabin, then passengers and crew will go from a calm, conditioned and comfortable atmosphere to a chaotic and very hostile environment (freezing, no oxygen, hurricane force winds) in the space of seconds. That is why clothes are ripped off.

Yes they do.

Witnessed at places like Lockerbie. Caused a huge amount of confusion when the first jet liners (comet) started to fall out of the sky in the 50s

Rapid decompression, and when I say rapid, I'm not talking a small hole in the window, does some crazy stuff. It initially looks like the result of an explosion.

Basically, naked body found after an air disaster isn't odd.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Yes they do.

Witnessed at places like Lockerbie. Caused a huge amount of confusion when the first jet liners (comet) started to fall out of the sky in the 50s

Rapid decompression, and when I say rapid, I'm not talking a small hole in the window, does some crazy stuff. It initially looks like the result of an explosion.

Basically, naked body found after an air disaster isn't odd.

Mature fella, I think this is starting to get into a bun fight about terminology. Altitude decompression (depressurisation) is the loss of air pressure in a sealed system (aircraft cabin) and causes various physiological changes in the human body together with atmospheric changes. That does not cause clothes to be ripped off. That is due to extreme wind blast caused when a body is exposed to the hostile environment outside the protection of a sealed cabin.

There are a number of contributors to this thread who will have experienced rapid decompression in the hypobaric chambers at the RAF Centre of Aviation Medicine, where they take you from a cabin pressure of 8k up to 25k in the space of a few seconds. You experience all the expected effects including fog, noise, and changes to body cavities (recommended not to have a curry and beers the night before). In none of those events have I ever lost my flying suit.

Hope that helps. Not sure if you read my post after the deleted photo where I included the observations of a US air accident investigator (NTSB, FAA, USAF) on this subject. I also said that the same phenomena was seen at Lockerbie.

I really don't want to turn this into a pi55ing contest, especially when the real focus should be on the relatives and friends of the poor victims.
Original post by Simes
What goes up…

ILLUMINATI I KNEW IT!!

PUT ON YOUR TINFOIL HATS BEFORE THEY MIND CONTROLS YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spotted large chunks of the plane on radar according to reports. Not confirmed it's the plane yet though.

Thirty bodies have been found now though.
Reply 152
some people with flying experience hijacked the plane and flew it off course , thats what came in news today
Original post by me2*
some people with flying experience hijacked the plane and flew it off course , thats what came in news today

....and which news would this be?
Original post by me2*

Which is why it's been found exactly on course...?

What nonsense are you trying to peddle?
Reply 155
What's up with Air Asia? Any info or news updated yet?
Original post by Sena5
What's up with Air Asia? Any info or news updated yet?

From collected sources:

Wreckage is found. Plane crash blamed on weather. Icy conditions in the air had caused the engine to stall. 30 Bodies have been recovered as of saturday morning. Blackbox yet to be recovered.

Divers sent to examine AirAsia wreckage.

AirAsia did not have permission to fly the route.

Second SanDiego based ship joins the search effort.

Okay I dont believe a word that comes out of the governement mouth nor its propoganda news outlets. I dont really think we are going to hear the truth about it. This is the reason why

1st plane goes down is a tragedy
2nd plane goes down maybe it is a coincidence
3rd plane goes down, there is something really sinister.

3 planes down, all from Mayalsian Airline in a space of 9 months. It doesnt sound like an accident to me.
Reply 158
Original post by andersonsophie_8
Okay I dont believe a word that comes out of the governement mouth nor its propoganda news outlets. I dont really think we are going to hear the truth about it. This is the reason why

3 planes down, all from Mayalsian Airline in a space of 9 months. It doesnt sound like an accident to me.

Get your facts right eh, the third plane is not from Malaysian Airlines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andersonsophie_8

Which government?

And why should we believe you anymore than we believe anyone else? What makes you an expert?

Why should we even listen to you? Since when is you not believing something even remotely important? Who are you? You're a nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter. Just because you can say something on the internet doesn't mean anybody has to or will take you seriously.

If you ever get tired of taking *******s, feel free to come back to the real world.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending