The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LadyEcliptic
Im well aware of that.
Ive done stem and non stem subjects and I'd have to say, non stem took up a lot more of my time.

But it's unfair to put science subjects above the rest.. In my opinion.

Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by LadyEcliptic
You say that like there isn't elitism on this site *cough* stem snobbery *cough*

I found maths very hard, but chemistry and biology were no problem. I agree with you, everyone excels in different subjects and to think that certain subjects give you an intellectual advantage compared to others is pathetic.

Not everyone is the prestigious A*-of-everything know it all who takes pride in thinking they are Gods gift :rolleyes:

It's weird that there's elitism within elitism on here, everyone's concerned with being the best... Like with stem, biology is seen as bottom of the pile and further maths at the top but hell hath no fury if you're studying maths at Oxford and not Cambridge because maths at Oxford is so easy:tongue: paha
Original post by Jasey
It's weird that there's elitism within elitism on here, everyone's concerned with being the best... Like with stem, biology is seen as bottom of the pile and further maths at the top but hell hath no fury if you're studying maths at Oxford and not Cambridge because maths at Oxford is so easy:tongue: paha

And if you're not at Trinity... Well you might as well be studying at a Met.
Maths.
Citizenship studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The intellectual snobbery on display here makes me want to vomit.

Have any of you actually PASSED your A-Levels yet? Because someone with a so-called "joke" A-Level is more qualified than someone who has failed :rolleyes:
Original post by Ollie231213

Have any of you actually PASSED your A-Levels yet? Because someone with a so-called "joke" A-Level is more qualified than someone who has failed :rolleyes:

I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made this thread and have done all my 4 A levels. A*-B grades:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.
Reply 89
I really don't understand the hate towards BTEC, they really are a good standard of qualification and the one I took has prepared me very well for uni all the theory learnt on the btec in IT is effectively being repeated in my lectures for CompSci

I have heard similar for Engineering as well
Original post by yt7777
I really don't understand the hate towards BTEC, they really are a good standard of qualification and the one I took has prepared me very well for uni all the theory learnt on the btec in IT is effectively being repeated in my lectures for CompSci

I have heard similar for Engineering as well

Good for you..you're clearly proud of your achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by fudgecake22
Good for you..you're clearly proud of your achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic :P
Reply 92

Yes, I passed my A-Levels and I am at University...

I am not calling any subjects a joke in terms of their easiness or silliness. No A-Levels are easy. They all require work to obtain a good grade. The subject I called a joke was because of the poor structure of the syllabus, the lack of depth. Yes, I understand at A-Level you cannot go into too much detail, but I think the subject would have been far superior had it sacrificed some material in exchange for delving deeper into certain areas. As there was certainly way too much material with absolutely no depth whatsoever. To me, it seemed as though we were being taught to become a dictionary for the subject, only being taught definitions, rather than learning to understand.
Original post by Walt_14
I'm guessing s/he was taking the piss.

Correct.
Original post by WilJones138
GEOLOGY ISN'T A REAL SCIENCE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phahahahahhaa. I am being serious this time. I do chemistry biology and geology at AS and trust me when i say geology is the hardest one. Find chemistry the easiest.
Original post by fudgecake22
Could be any? Piss easy like Maths and General Studies?

Languages
Original post by SubwayLover1
Phahahahahhaa. I am being serious this time. I do chemistry biology and geology at AS and trust me when i say geology is the hardest one. Find chemistry the easiest.

Real science = hard science, not "hard subject" per se.

Many have said geology isn't a hard science, but a hard subject
Original post by BCMFM16
I heard with Economics you have to write one line for five marks. Most people in my school get an a in Economics...I wonder why...

The difference between A-Level and Undergrad Economics is pretty big.

Maths is probably more helpful of an A-Level than Economics by far if youre looking to study it at university.
Geography at AS
So tedious, boring and not that much different from GCSE
Original post by WilJones138
Italian and German are too simple according to ML students I speak to, Chemistry has too much content IMO ( I'm doing WJEC ) Oh yeah and I wouldn't say further maths is a joke, it's got lots of cool things in it and its mostly fun but Jesus FP2 man :frown: scarily hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

WJEC Chem is a b**** isn't it?

Sociology, imo.

Quick Reply

Latest