The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
I'm still shocked that I've gone ahead with it! Thanks! Regarding references, do my supervisors email them in or do they have to post them?

Oh? What's he doing up in Leeds? :tongue:

Your references email them in hun. That's what I did.

And he's coming up to visit. I really can't remember how we got to that decision, but hey, I won myself a visit, no? :tongue:
Original post by MyName??!
Your references email them in hun. That's what I did.

And he's coming up to visit. I really can't remember how we got to that decision, but hey, I won myself a visit, no? :tongue:

So wait, do I need to give my referees envelopes to have them posted? So confused ...

Ahhhh, well if I get an interview I can see you some point that day for coffee? :biggrin:
So wait, do I need to give my referees envelopes to have them posted? So confused ...

Ahhhh, well if I get an interview I can see you some point that day for coffee? :biggrin:

No no. Your referees should've been sent an email for them to reply to, with your references. Otherwise, give them the postgraduate email at Leeds, subject: your name, number given, reference. Just an email.

And yeap! Sure. I'd love that (:
No no. Your referees should've been sent an email for them to reply to, with your references. Otherwise, give them the postgraduate email at Leeds, subject: your name, number given, reference. Just an email.

And yeap! Sure. I'd love that (:

Will pop a message to my referee on Monday (also can get his gift to him too :smile: )
Will pop a message to my referee on Monday (also can get his gift to him too :smile: )

Haha okay (:
---

Guess who might be coming to London in a few weeks?

Just saaaayin'.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Guess who might be coming to London in a few weeks?

Just saaaayin'.

:excited:

When?! :woo:
You can do this! Try to get the help you need if you're stuck. If anything social, you know where to find me hun. :wink:

And I'm good thanks. Currently abroad, coming back in a week's time. Can't wait! Xx

I think I'm slowly getting there. Not like I can ask anyone to write my essays for me anyway. And thanks, your support is appreciated as always :smile:
cant bring myself to do my biochemistry coursework :frown:

have sod all plans for tomorrow as the boy planned something with his friends instead and I haven't seen him at all since halloween and all my friends are 100 miles away :frown: have to stay to look after the dogs too

just :frown:
People should come down to Brighton. It's even more awesome than London
Plus its also where TSR headquarters is.

Jusssst saying. :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was there for results day, just saying :smile:
Original post by shorttstuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come up to London when SAS is here, we can all go clubbing :rofl:
Best wishes from me! Good luck in all your upcoming exams. Knock'em flying :wink:

Thank you!

That really never worked for me :tongue:
And how've you been?!

Every time I try to focus on myself, I swear someone is watching me and throws a situation at me! :banghead: :tongue:
Being more productive at uni requires will, which I know you'll knock out anything coming your way! :wink:

And babe? Discipline? Nahhh :teehee: you're great the way you are :biggrin:

Go knock him out of his mind. You can drive him crazy big time! Have fun tomorrow the way it should be. You've seen a lot this year, both good and bad, that will all be in the past tomorrow :wink:

And yeap! 2015 is gonna be something else! New, fresh and exciting. We can all do this!

Okay, my speech is over :tongue: I feel like I'm reciting from anime :teehee:

As for me - I've quite a few myself :tongue:

- read 5 papers per week, to get back on track with my research after this long weird but exciting holiday

- save up at least half of what I earn/get. Need money to start thinking about my future.

- gain all the experience I need to earn a good part time work at uni or in a research group

- be there for my family and friends as always

- (this is a joint one with the boy) create something, however small/random it may be, with each other. And buy a kotatsu by the end of 2015 :love:

Good luck with your resolutions!
Original post by snailsareslimy
- Knuckle down and do ****ing unreal on my degree
- Find a lovely guy once I'm ready for something again :smile:
- Spend more time with my fab friends & make new ones :awesome:
- Get back to work and start saving for interrailling. Pwn my job.
- Go interailling. Apply for MA programmes.

But my resolution for tomorrow, as petty as it is, is to go out and bring this year to the best end I can. I think my ex might end up being at the club I'm going to tomorrow, so I'm going to make sure I look as good as I can, and have as much fun as possible. Not letting that thing bring me down for one day more.

2015 is going to be my year, and I'm gonna make it happen.

How about a lovely girl instead? :perv: :sexface:
I'm just kidding, please ignore me. :sad:

And good! You should have fun, even if he is around. Don't let that stop you :h: I believe in you.

Every time I try to focus on myself, I swear someone is watching me and throws a situation at me! :banghead: :tongue:
Being more productive at uni requires will, which I know you'll knock out anything coming your way! :wink:

And babe? Discipline? Nahhh :teehee: you're great the way you are :biggrin:

And yeap! 2015 is gonna be something else! New, fresh and exciting. We can all do this!

Okay, my speech is over :tongue: I feel like I'm reciting from anime :teehee:

As for me - I've quite a few myself :tongue:

- read 5 papers per week, to get back on track with my research after this long weird but exciting holiday

- save up at least half of what I earn/get. Need money to start thinking about my future.

- gain all the experience I need to earn a good part time work at uni or in a research group

- be there for my family and friends as always

- (this is a joint one with the boy) create something, however small/random it may be, with each other. And buy a kotatsu by the end of 2015 :love:

Ikr, I swear every time I'm trying to have a good time, someone needs me. :colonhash:
And thanks! But I really do need discipline, because I want to make it to the gym by 7.30am a couple of times a week haha!

Also good luck reading 5 papers a week! I should really start reading at least ONE freaking paper........
Original post by MathsNerd1
I was there for results day, just saying :smile:

Ah didn't have a house then plus was working, Brightons a bit dead in the summer anyway when all the students have gone home/away for the summer.

Come up to London when SAS is here, we can all go clubbing :rofl:

Hahaha we actually should :rofl: give me a date and I'll see whether or not I can come :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
cant bring myself to do my biochemistry coursework :frown:

have sod all plans for tomorrow as the boy planned something with his friends instead and I haven't seen him at all since halloween and all my friends are 100 miles away :frown: have to stay to look after the dogs too

just :frown:

*Hugs* In a similar situation- on essay no2 of 3 due the first week back, all I want to do is chill and I've no plans for tonight.
Original post by jelly1000
*Hugs* In a similar situation- on essay no2 of 3 due the first week back, all I want to do is chill and I've no plans for tonight.

my plans for tonight are currently feeling sorry for myself with abolsut raspberry and lemonade and doing the calculations for my coursework :/

probably won't stay up till midnight either just ugh

:hugs:
Falling ill. Can see myself having an early night too :yawn:
Original post by lilGem
my plans for tonight are currently feeling sorry for myself with abolsut raspberry and lemonade and doing the calculations for my coursework :/

probably won't stay up till midnight either just ugh

:hugs:

Yeah I'll be doing coursework reading most of this afternoon/early evening. Will probally stay up past midnight but not much further, only cos its when I normally sleep anyway.
Original post by jelly1000
Yeah I'll be doing coursework reading most of this afternoon/early evening. Will probally stay up past midnight but not much further, only cos its when I normally sleep anyway.

my sleeping pattern has dissappeared over the holidays :lol: at uni I could barely stay awake past 11 back home I'm up till 1.30 :colondollar:

need to get my sleeping pattern sorted though

Quick Reply

Latest