The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel or Royal Holloway?

I'm an American student applying to British universities. I have chosen four schools to indicate on my application, and I want to fill the fifth spot with either Brunel or Royal Holloway. What are your opinions on the two? Which do you think is better and why?
I've visited Brunel, and would say its got quite a nice campus. Its average on the league tables but apparently has an amazing student union. Can't comment on royal holloway. Both are a comparable distance from the centre of london I think.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rachthom15
I'm an American student applying to British universities. I have chosen four schools to indicate on my application, and I want to fill the fifth spot with either Brunel or Royal Holloway. What are your opinions on the two? Which do you think is better and why?

Arts - def RoHo. Engineering or Sports Science - Brunel

Anything else - don't know, but probably RoHo from an academic perspective.

Both are campus universities. RoHo is very gay. Brunel has a lot of south Asians.

Neither are proper London, although Brunel is a lot easier to get to Central London - RoHo really is in the middle of nowhere.

RoHo has one really spectacular building, Brunel is pretty ugly all round. Ironically, Brunel used to have an historic campus just like RoHo, next door to RoHo, but they sold it a few years ago.
Reply 3
Original post by Clip
Arts - def RoHo. Engineering or Sports Science - Brunel

Anything else - don't know, but probably RoHo from an academic perspective.

Both are campus universities. RoHo is very gay. Brunel has a lot of south Asians.

Neither are proper London, although Brunel is a lot easier to get to Central London - RoHo really is in the middle of nowhere.

RoHo has one really spectacular building, Brunel is pretty ugly all round. Ironically, Brunel used to have an historic campus just like RoHo, next door to RoHo, but they sold it a few years ago.

I'll be doing Biomedical Science. I'm also applying to QMUL, King's, Reading, and Kingston. Yeah, I think you're talking about the Founders Building? I wish I could visit, but I'd be paying a lot of money to do that. I don't have a problem with diversity, I actually like it (with reference to your comment about the mass of South Asians at Brunel). Is there anything else you could tell me about the two?
I'll be doing Biomedical Science. I'm also applying to QMUL, King's, Reading, and Kingston. Yeah, I think you're talking about the Founders Building? I wish I could visit, but I'd be paying a lot of money to do that. I don't have a problem with diversity, I actually like it (with reference to your comment about the mass of South Asians at Brunel). Is there anything else you could tell me about the two?

I studied biomedical science At king's! By far the best experience
Reply 5
Original post by queen-bee
I studied biomedical science At king's! By far the best experience

King's is probably my top choice, but I'm not sure that I'll get an offer. My grades are pretty good but not perfect.
King's is probably my top choice, but I'm not sure that I'll get an offer. My grades are pretty good but not perfect.

Work at it steadily and you'll be fine :wink:
Reply 7
I went to RHUL and I would go to Brunel if big cities with various activities going on are your thing.
I'd go to Brunel because it's a ten minute walk from my house.
Original post by Mactotaur
I'd go to Brunel because it's a ten minute walk from my house.

lol same I live behind Isambard. I actually didn't get the grades to start Brunel, so I went to Kingston for a year and then applied for Brunel to do a transfer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending