The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al-farhan
There is a stigma in the community regarding mental health, and we don't talk about it often.
There is also the stigma of being talked about.
I don't think there are more talkative communities than us!

Yeah I wonder why though, considering the amount of Somalis institutionalised due to mental illness linked to Khat. Or just mental health issues in general.

lol somalis talk about/know everyone's business though.
Original post by Anonynous
How have you been holding up, it has been a while. :tongue:

Missed you!

Everything is well, alhamdulilah.

How are you doing?
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Everything is well, alhamdulilah.

How are you doing?

I don't really want to reveal personal details on the internet, sorry.
I don't really want to reveal personal details on the internet, sorry.

I didn't ask to reveal anything personal, lol. :smile:
SubhanAllah, I just wanna say, that I remember this time last year really well. That Secretnerd was contemplating on f=going to see the fireworks and then she went and regretted it. And how I wanted to see the fireworks in the Mailbox here in Brum and look now a whole 'nother year flashed past us. Just like that. It really did some like a few months ago or so..
I didn't ask to reveal anything personal, lol. :smile:

You asked about my life and how I was. You might found out who I am irl, I don't know whether you're a stalker.

Original post by Chukkeigh
SubhanAllah, I just wanna say, that I remember this time last year really well. That Secretnerd was contemplating on f=going to see the fireworks and then she went and regretted it. And how I wanted to see the fireworks in the Mailbox here in Brum and look now a whole 'nother year flashed past us. Just like that. It really did some like a few months ago or so..

Yu lern 2 spell bby gurl?
You asked about my life and how I was. You might found out who I am irl, I don't know whether you're a stalker.

Yu lern 2 spell bby gurl?

Hmm, I simply wrote how are you doing? it could be a simple answer of okay or good. I did not want to delve deeply into you life. Seriously I didn't even want to know anything personal and I am definitely not a stalker. :smile:
Hmm, I simply wrote how are you doing? it could be a simple answer of okay or good. I did not want to delve deeply into you life. Seriously I didn't even want to know anything personal and I am definitely not a stalker. :smile:

But how would I know. If I said my life's okay that automatically narrows your search to half the population of earth. I don't know your intentions.
But how would I know. If I said my life's okay that automatically narrows your search to half the population of earth. I don't know your intentions.

Lol, you are seriously thinking so deep. Dayum, none of this even crossed my mind. I was simply trying to say how are you? lol I never knew it was such a hard and deep question.
Seriously this is so weird heheehhehehheheh:biggrin:
Lol, you are seriously thinking so deep. Dayum, none of this even crossed my mind. I was simply trying to say how are you? lol I never knew it was such a hard and deep question.
Seriously this is so weird heheehhehehheheh:biggrin:

You have to understand I need to look out for my own security. Haven't you heard about all the kidnapping crimes etc.. that happens over the internet. I'm sure you too would be cautious in giving away your identity. It's nothing personal.
You have to understand I need to look out for my own security. Haven't you heard about all the kidnapping crimes etc.. that happens over the internet. I'm sure you too would be cautious in giving away your identity. It's nothing personal.

Who said to give away your identity? Lol I would never even do that. I do know that the internet is a dangerous place that is why I don't give too much info. Seriously I do know about all these crimes, I have always been extra cautious when I am on the internet alhamdulilah. :smile:
Who said to give away your identity? Lol I would never even do that. I do know that the internet is a dangerous place that is why I don't give too much info. Seriously I do know about all these crimes, I have always been extra cautious when I am on the internet alhamdulilah. :smile:

I'm just kidding my name's Abdul-Karim Ali, I live in Southeast London (Forest Hill) :biggrin:
Original post by SophiaLDN
Yeah I wonder why though, considering the amount of Somalis institutionalised due to mental illness linked to Khat. Or just mental health issues in general.

lol somalis talk about/know everyone's business though.

I honestly don't know but the issue is something the community needs to increase awareness of. Community leaders, health professionals families...etc
Somali mental health day needs to become a happening thing!!
If we as students should all come together use university facilities invite the community, get people involved...etc discussing mental health and mental wellbeing on that day.
Original post by SophiaLDN
Back to Somalia? Why, so over the top lol. Its sad, first time hearing about this issue so it shocked me. I guess they think its ceeb. You know how Somali people love rude nicknames, they'll call you e.g Ayaan Waalan forever.

Yeah, I guess with somali mum's there's a lot of gossip, so it might've just been lost in translation or something. Or maybe they just don't want other people to find out about their problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chukkeigh

Heyyyyy gurfriendddddddddd!!!

Looooooool shes falling 4 it
Happpy new year peeeps!!! 2014 has been an absolutely crazy year for me and i've grown so much as a person this year than any other year. InshaAllah 2015 brings us and our loved ones joy and full of great memories!!

Shout out to chukkeigh, fats, justmyself and AK :tongue:
Where's MissFats:cry:?

Everyone knows you attend Cass:fyi:

I could find you and keep you for ransom.:ninja:

I live in inner city London.:yes:
Original post by Al-farhan
I honestly don't know but the issue is something the community needs to increase awareness of. Community leaders, health professionals families...etc
Somali mental health day needs to become a happening thing!!
If we as students should all come together use university facilities invite the community, get people involved...etc discussing mental health and mental wellbeing on that day.

Yes! This needs to happen.
What's up people? Haven't posted on here in ages. How you all doing?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest