The Student Room Group

[Girls] The Perfect Height For Guys?

Scroll to see replies

Anything over 5ft 4inches preferably. I'm more interested in the face and general body type, rather than height.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Graecian
How tall are you?

Lol. 5'2 Okay I know that's very short but different people like different things. And as I said looks doesn't really matter to me but the height does. However, if the guy has a good personality but is short, around 5'8-5'7, its not a problem. Please don't hate on me for this! I just prefer tall guys.
Reply 62
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Lol. 5'2 Okay I know that's very short but different people like different things. And as I said looks doesn't really matter to me but the height does. However, if the guy has a good personality but is short, around 5'8-5'7, its not a problem. Please don't hate on me for this! I just prefer tall guys.

I don't hate you, why would I hate you?

This thread does make me hate myself though.
Reply 63

Why does it make you hate yourself? Are you short?

Why you saying that? You shouldn't hate yourself. I'm serious. What's wrong? If you're short, you're short and its not the end of the world. As I said, if one is a good person from heart, these things are very minor. Their are many girls who don't care about height. Don't worry, you'll find one !
Original post by iainvg
The mind your head notice is at 5'8", I'm leaning into the roof, and slouching. Oh and that's 4 years ago, I've grown since.

Links broke mate :smile:

I'm 6ft 2 though wooo
Must be over 190 cm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
see i'm a weird guy. i prefer women to be tall. as tall or taller than me. i like big amazonian women.

i'm in love with the snu snu
Reply 68
Height doesn't matter if you have an attractive face btw...
Reply 69
Original post by tomtjl
Why does it make you hate yourself? Are you short?

I don't really hate myself but it's not very pleasant to read the comments in here.

I'm 5'8''.

Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Why you saying that? You shouldn't hate yourself. I'm serious. What's wrong? If you're short, you're short and its not the end of the world. As I said, if one is a good person from heart, these things are very minor. Their are many girls who don't care about height. Don't worry, you'll find one !

I'm saying that because it's quite clear most girls have a strong preference for guys far taller than me. That's what's wrong. And although what you say might be true ("if you're a good person from heart" etc), I wouldn't like to think I am with someone who lowered her standards for me.
Original post by Obiejess
I'm 5'7" - so 5'7" - 6'0" is good. Ideally about 5'8"/5'9"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really hate myself but it's not very pleasant to read the comments in here.

I'm 5'8''.

I'm saying that because it's quite clear most girls have a strong preference for guys far taller than me. That's what's wrong. And although what you say might be true ("if you're a good person from heart" etc), I wouldn't like to think I am with someone who lowered her standards for me.

Some people think 5'8" is ideal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71

I'm 5'8''.

If she's with you then she hasn't "lowered her standards for you", she's realised that your height shouldn't be a determining factor in whether or not a relationship works. It just means she's not immature imo.

As I am also quite short (5'7" or so) I have to deal with the fact that women like taller men, but I don't even care about my height tbh. It'd be nice to be taller (I mean, yeah, I'd love to be 6'1" but I'm not going to be) but it doesn't define me. I think a quote from Daniel Radcliffe explains it best:
"I used to get really down about my height, but then I thought '**** that, I'm Harry Potter'".
5'8-6'1 is good for me, taller than that and it hurts to look up at them.
But to be honest, like with every preference, most girls don't care that much. If a girl prefers blonde hair on guys she isn't going to automatically turn down every guy that doesn't have blonde hair.
Reply 73
Original post by tomtjl
If she's with you then she hasn't "lowered her standards for you", she's realised that your height shouldn't be a determining factor in whether or not a relationship works. It just means she's not immature imo.

As I am also quite short (5'7" or so) I have to deal with the fact that women like taller men, but I don't even care about my height tbh. It'd be nice to be taller (I mean, yeah, I'd love to be 6'1" but I'm not going to be) but it doesn't define me. I think a quote from Daniel Radcliffe explains it best:
"I used to get really down about my height, but then I thought '**** that, I'm Harry Potter'".

I don't think it's "immature" to prefer taller guys. Everyone has preferences.

Anyway I didn't mean to make this personal nor derail this thread (I wasn't aware girls had such a strong preference for taller guys, that is all)
Honestly, I wouldn't worry or be upset. Everyone says they have 'preferences', but many girls (and guys) have relationships outside of their 'preferences'. Many times, preferences stems from an idea of a fantasy, not reality. I would be lying to say that there aren't girls who prefer taller men or who exclusively date taller men, of course there are, but there are plenty of women who prefer shorter men and there are even more women who don't care much for height at all (although it is fairly common for women to prefer to date a guy taller than them). Be confident about your height, you cannot change it and therefore there is no point worrying about it.
Reply 75
I don't think it's "immature" to prefer taller guys. Everyone has preferences.

Anyway I didn't mean to make this personal nor derail this thread (I wasn't aware girls had such a strong preference for taller guys, that is all)

Preferring taller guys is fine, but turning down a guy because he's 5'8 and not 5'10 despite being perfect in every other way? That's immature. What I was saying was that this hypothetical girl is mature enough to not care about something so arbitrary as height :smile:.
Reply 76
Original post by phunky_fresh
As long as he's taller than me i can live with it.

This is the attitude I like about women as long as his taller and not ridiculous 5;2 demanding 6ft hype.
Original post by ubi1
This is the attitude I like about women as long as his taller and not ridiculous 5;2 demanding 6ft hype.

:lol::lol:
I couldn't care less.
Reply 78
Original post by Anonymous
:lol::lol:
I couldn't care less.

it still shows you care:s-smilie:
Original post by ubi1
it still shows you care:s-smilie:

meaning?:confused:

Quick Reply